Chapter 29

As Grace arrived downstairs everyone was standing in a circle discussing what to do next. "Guys..." she calmly said, but no one responded. "Guys...", she said again a little louder, still no reply. "Guys!" She screamed and an energy ball was released to the ground again. Everyone turned around and silenced immediately. "Grace I need you to calm down for me, okay?", Steve said concerned. Grace realised that her hands where glowing and her eyes had turned green, as she looked into a mirror. She instantly stopped and stumbled back as she saw what she did. "I- I am so sorry, I didn't mean to...." Tony walked up to her and put his hand on her shoulder. "We are here kid, everything is gonna be fine." He looked at Bruce and mouthed: "Lab. Now." Bruce nodded and walked away from the group. Steve picked Grace up. "Come on, lets get you to the lab, my Love." She nodded and rested her head on Steve's chest.
They arrive in the lab and Bruce already had everything set up for the test. "Lay her down here.", he said while pointing at the plank bed. Steve did what he was told and didn't leave her side. "Grace, can you hear me?", Bruce asked. "Loud and clear.", she replied as she opened her eyes. "I'm going to do some test on you so just lay still, it's not going to hurt." He got her ready for the tests, then turned to Steve and Tony. "Cap, Tony, I'll need you to go outside for this one please, I'll call you back in." Steve first resisted and kept holding Graces hand but with a small squeeze she showed him, that it's alright. He let go of her hand and went outside with Tony.
The lab door opened and Bruce walked out. "I'm done with the test. She's resting, because she's still really tired. The results will be here any minute." While Tony and Bruce went back into the lab, Steve went to see Bucky. "Hey, how is she?", Bucky asked. "We don't know yet, the results will be here any minute. Did you do what I asked you to?", Steve replied. His best friend nodded. "Thank you. I'll go see Grace now okay?" "Yeah sure, tell her I said hi and hope she's feeling better soon." Steve walked away and said: "Will do, thanks Buck."
Grace woke up and saw a hand on her bed. "Well that's a pleasant surprise.", she said and smiled. Peter woke up next to her. "Hey! How are you feeling? Are you okay?" He stood up and hugged her tight. "Hold up there tiger, I need to rest.", es said laughing. He instantly pulled back and went with his hand nervously through his hair. "Sorry.", he Peter said. "It's fine, I just need to rest a little." She squeezed his hand and smiled at him. Suddenly the door opened and Steve walked in. "Hey you.", she said smiling. Steve smiled at her and walked over to the bed. "Hello, my Love." And gave her a forehead kiss. "I'll leave you two alone.", Peter said and walked out smirking at Grace. She rolled her eyes still smiling and then looked at Steve. "How are you feeling?", he asked. "Could be better, but I'm fine. Are the results in yet?" "I don't know, Bruce said they would be here soon." Steve hugged her tight as the door opened. "Hey Grace, your results are in."