Chapter 38

Grace started crying. "Yes, of course I'll marry you!" Steve stood up, lifted her up and kissed her passionately. Then he put a silver diamond ring on Graces finger. "I love you so much.", she said. "I love you more." They smiled at each other. "Shall we eat, my Lady?" Grace started giggling. "Yes we shall, my Lord." Grace and Steve enjoyed the evening together and a few days later they drove back to the Avengers Tower. "We are back!", Grace said as they walked inside with their luggage. "Hey, how was it?" Natasha and Wanda walked over to them. Grace looked at Steve. "It was amazing... How's the little one doing?" Natasha took her hand and said: "Come on I'll show you." They walked into a room and saw Bucky and Brooke laying on the bed sleeping. "They look so cute.", she said smiling. "I'll let them sleep, let's go to the others. They bonded?" Natasha nodded. As they arrived in the living area again Thor and Tony where arguing. "It can't be that a kid can lift that stupid hammer and I can't!" "It's because your not worthy!" Steve walked over, hugged Grace from behind and whispered in her ear: "That's something I definitely didn't miss." She started giggling. "What's so funny about that over there?", Tony said. "Leave my sister out of that Stark, just accept that you are no God." "Then she should try it! Come on, I want her to try it!", he replied pointing at Grace. She casually walked over there, grabbed the hammer with her left hand and picked it up. "Catch Stark.", she said and threw it at him. Tony jumped back and before the hammer could hit the floor it flew past Grace to Steve. Tony looked at him in shock. "I guess everyone in this family can lift stupid Jonathan. I need a drink." He walked over to the kitchen. "His name is Mjolnir not Jonathan you silly midgardian!" Thor wanted to storm after him, but Wanda stopped him. "You guys really don't get it do you?!" Tony and Thor looked at her confused. "Look at Graces hand!" Everyone looked at her and saw the sparkling ring on her hand. Grace started smiling. "We're getting married." She said. Natasha and Wanda ran over to her and hugged her tightly. Tony went to Steve and hugged him. "Although you really piss me off sometimes Rogers, I'm happy for the two of you." Steve smiled. "Thanks Tony." Now Grace and Steve looked at Thor who was still standing there in shock. "You... I... Stark, where do you have that one thing that gets people drunk?" "Right over there buddy, come on let's go." They walked over to the kitchen. Steve turned to Grace. "I think he might kill me..." She smiled at him. "No, he wouldn't. Just give him time, he didn't see it coming." Suddenly they heard little footsteps. They turned around and saw Brooke in a Pyjama and a stuffed animal in her arms, rubbing her eyes. "Mommy, daddy?" As she saw them she ran over to them and jumped into Steve's armes. "Hey Princess. Did you sleep well?" She nodded. "Is uncle Bucky fine?", Grace asked. "Nothing that a nap couldn't fix.", Bucky said as he walked in smiling. "What did I miss?", he asked. As he saw the ring on Graces finger he walked over to her and hugged her tightly. "Congratulations!" "Thank you. And I really appreciate you being there for Brooke." He smiled at her. "Always." Tony came back from the kitchen. "Great, now that everyone is here, how about we celebrate? A party, tonight at 8?" Thor walked in with a bottle of whiskey. "Count me innn!"

Later that evening everyone got ready for the party. Tony invited everyone he knew, so the Avengers Tower was filled with people. Grace pulled Thor aside, who was really drunk by then and gave him a glass of water. "Drink this." He immediately drank it and grimaced his face. "That's not making me more drunk." Grace laughed. "No silly, it's supposed to make you sober. So I wanted to talk to you about the wedding." "You're getting married. Ohhh yes congratulations, I completely forgot to do that." "Thor please." She took both of his hands. He calmed down and nodded. "What did you want to talk to me about?", he asked. "Since you and I are the only one left in our family, Steve and I would be very honoured if you would bring me to the Altar." Thor started tearing up. "Me?", he said in a squeaky voice wiping the tear away that rolled down his cheek. "Yes you. You are my brother and it would mean the world to us." Thor cleared his throat. "In that case, I would be honoured." They hugged tightly. "Let's Go Party again, shall we.", Grace said and they went back. Meanwhile Steve pulled Tony aside. "Tony, I wanted to talk to you about something, it's about the wedding." "Yes, you can have the house in the woods as a place." "Wha- That's not what I wanted to ask you." Tony looked at him. "Then what is it about?" Steve paused. "Grace and I would like it if you could be the one who married us." Tony looked away. "Well I gotta check my calendar first, but I guess I'll find time for the two of you." They both smiled at each other. Steve shook Tony's hand. "Thank you, Tony." "Yeah, it's no big deal. And the offer with the house is still on the table, just let me know." He walked away. The rest of the night went quietly, everyone had a lot of fun.

The next morning Wanda, Natasha, Sam and Bucky where called in the conference room. Grace and Steve already where waiting there as the group arrived. "You wanted to see us?", Natasha asked. "Yes, please sit down.", Grace said. Everyone sat down and there was a short silence. "So as you know Grace and I are getting married and we decided to get married on our anniversary the 13th of June.", Steve said. "What's in two months.", Bucky acknowledged. Grace nodded. "Yes... Thats why we already started planning and that's why we wanted you guys to meet us here." She looked at Steve. "Bucky, Sam... I want you to be my best men.", Steve said. "And Wanda, Natasha, I want you to be my maids of honour.", Grace added. The four of them looked at each other, then looked at Grace and Steve and said all together: "Yes!" Steve and Grace smiled at them and went over to hug them. Then they left again and the couple was left alone in the room. "Are you ready to get married my Love?", Steve asked. She smiled at him. "Yes, let's get married."