Act 1-8

For Temperance and her people

Starting first memory playback with: Diary entry of certain day

{July 15th}

As awkward and wrong as it may sound, perhaps using my winter coat to drape it over Eno might be a bad idea... How...can I say this without sounding weird? Apparently the kid experienced his first... Nocturnal emission. By which I mean, he jizzed in my coat in his sleep. As you can imagine, he's pretty embarrassed. We're in the park now, and I lent my wet coat over to the boys at the laundromat—where one of their generators prioritised electricity in—so it can be cleaned. I...didn't tell them why it was wet in the first place.

Why are we at the park, you ask? Well, to get away from the rest, because this will be very VERY embarrassing for them to hear. Plus Mephisto is too awkward to talk to me yet, so I'm just admiring the scenery of the park made into farm with him. Until he's grown comfortable enough to talk.

We survived the storm, and Temperance was still intact. The Riffs were okay, and Zcom still stood strong. I'm not sure what happened to Jesse, but I hope he's okay.

While I wait for Mephisto to open up, and him to stop choking his fingers with a blade of grass, I wonder about the entries laid in Sheriff Will's diary. It was so enriched in detail, that I found myself churning upon reading what happened to his family. There was a strange bookmark at almost at the end of the book, I haven't started yet, but perhaps if I have the time, I will read what it contains.

People here are gonna take it the wrong way when they discovered Eno...having his morning glory in my coat...of all things, it's my coat. Well, like Simone said: this kid needs me, and sooner or later, I need him. I will update this thing later. End entry.

________________________________________________________________________________

Continuing playback with: Memory event recreation

[Father and son were at the park—watching the newly sent members from the Riffs do all the work shovelling huge snow piles, and help with reviving the crops. Don't think the Riffs were doing all the work, Zcom maintenance crews – those involved with keeping the fort alive – are also helping the Riffs. As it turns out, Mephisto's breath can revive crops, but Sergeant Marvis...would rather not let their people eat a potato that was revived by some ten year old's breath.]

[Due to his "Incident", Mephisto was still too insecure to talk to Hosea about it—he's just twirling a blade of grass on his individual fingers until it turns purple, and pinching them. For now, Hosea zipped up his bomber jacket—an act he never does before unless he really needs to, and waits for Eno to open up.]

Eno: *He flicks the blade of grass, and faces Hosea. His wide silver eyes staring into his soul.* "Hosea?... Why did I... You know?... What was that?"

Hosea: "Well, boy. To that, I answer. You're growing up."

Eno: "How is...peeing the bed a sign of me growing up?"

Hosea: "What I meant was... What did you dream off?"

Eno: *His cheeks turned a shade of reddish pink, and slouches in his posture.* "It's very embarrassing for me to say."

Hosea: "What if I tell you...that 'Embarrassing dream' is the one that made you...wet the bed."