0.05

TW
(Self harm mentioned)

.
.
.
.

I remember the night you showed me your scars. I remember how vulnerable you were.

I remember you telling me how you where two weeks clean and how that was a long time for you. And I remember how I said nothing, only looking at you with sorrow in my eyes.

I remember how we sat there for a while, my mind racing with thoughts as you traced the marks on your skin. I remember biting my tongue in response, fearing i would sound stupid.

Maybe if i never held back and told you what was on my mind things would be different between us. We would be okay and I wouldn't be eaten with guilt when I saw you.

I remember wanting to move beside you, hug you as I told you how sorry I was. How sorry I was that the people who were meant to protect you, instead broke you down to the point you felt the need to do that to yourself.

I remember wanting to tell you how strong you were, how glad I am that you were here. How it was okay to be vulnerable, to need help, how thankful I was that you felt comfortable to show me.

I remember how I wanted to hold you, sat on your bed, the sun long gone, and protect you from all of the evil.

Yet I remember how I said nothing. I remember how you looked so vulnerable and lost, all in a single moment, before you built your walls back up and changed the subject.

I remember and i'm sorry.

.
.
.
.