0.01

.
.
.
.

We drove away from the city, through the fields and all the way till the buildings would no longer towered over us, the people in them long forgotten. Though you could tell they were there, the lights coming from every building was proof enough.

Thousands of them, all dotted around the city.

Perhaps that's why when we got there, you told me they looked like stars? The city lights blurred together as I watched, soft dots against the night sky; blinking at me while my eyes tried to focus without my glasses.

We were sat in the front of your car, the heating on and our fleece jackets wrapped around us, the only things keeping us warm. There was a gentle hum coming from the radio, it was a 60's song, I think. Though that didn't really matter, did it?

Anything to fill the still silence.

I wondered what you were thinking. Did you also think about how the lights looked so lovely? How this view made up for the fact we couldn't see the real ones too much anymore. Or were you thinking of me? Yourself? Maybe even nothing.

I'll never know.

You drove us back to the city after a while, the lights closer this time. Right in arms reach. They all melted together. Almost like they were falling past me. I wish I could ask you what you thought about. But we never spoke again.

I wonder if you think about me. Do you?
I think of you. A lot.

.
.
.
.