Chapter 21

The truth is still the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is still a lie, even if everyone believes it.

~Unknown

Jagruthi

What the heck is that sound? Ughhh..

My head is blasting its like a thousand drums blaring in my head without a rhythm. I am trying to open my eyes to look at the sound but my eyes won't budge, it's like my lids are stapled to my skin.

I forcibly opened them and that stupid sound is my phone ringing. God I should change me ring tone to something soothing.

I lazily grabbed my phone from the night stand and picked it up.

"Hello!"

"Hello! Good morning Mam, we are calling from This bank, to let you know about your credit card approval." Some lady said in a cheerful tone.

Don't yell at her and ruin her day, say no and cut the call politely.

I wasn't going to, stop being a pain. To be honest your voice in my head is more hurting than hers.

"Sorry mam! I am not interested in a credit card right now. Thank you though, have a great day." I said and ended the call with an immediate urge to pee.

After the immense pleasure of peeing, washing my hands at the sink, I found a stool and all the and all the memories of last night played before my eyes.

Raj and Vignesh challenged me that girls can't take in as much alcohol as guys and I had to prove them that we can. So, I had a total of 10 beers last night. Thank god Devansh pulled me back before I drank some more.

He carried me all the way home, he was not even a single bit annoyed with me and my stupid tactics. I made him do all that to just test his patience.

When he did everything for me, even brushing my teeth. I couldn't control, So I confessed my love to him. I kissed him and told him he is mine. I know he would never initiate anything and break my promise so I had to.

I made him promise me but I broke all of them, with whatever I did yesterday. I even told him that I'm Jagati. I know that it's not the complete truth, Something is better than nothing right!

You said all that and why is there no panic on your face.

That's because I am relieved that he knows my feelings about him and I have something less to hide.

Do you really think there is a scope for your relationship? You still have a few more things to tell.

Let's cross that bridge when we reach there but for now let me have this small happiness.

With that I pushed away my conscience and walked back into the room. There is a large jug of water with a some breakfast on the side. My stomach yelped in hunger as soon as my eyes saw the food.

I quickly freshened up and ate all the food and water. After eating the food my phoned blinked showing a message which made me happier.

Good Morning! Mom went to temple. Dad and me are out at the market for some fish. Have that breakfast and rest. Hope it cures your hangover.

See you soon

~Dev

A goofy smile hit my face looking at that message, how can one message from him make me into a happy mess.

I'm so excited to see him today, I freshened up and wore a plain white tee and jogger. I called my Mom and Dad. They said that they will be staying in Delhi for a few more days.