Chapter 38

The first duty of love is to listen.

~Paul Tillich

Devansh

How do you find some one who doesn't want to be found?

The answer to that question from any normal person would be is to leave them alone, the more you impose on them, the more they go away from you.

But my situation is not normal, to the world I am looking for a ghost, there is no Jagruthi or Jagati, I can't tell anyone that she is dead daughter of our CM, it will surely make people think that I am a lunatic, spreading false rumors as the election is near by. I am stuck in a vortex without no way out.

My only way is through her parents and family, so I am doing that right now.

The agriculture minister, Mr. Shastri a 65 year old man, who was really impressed with my creations so much that, he arranged a meeting with Mr. Dhanraj to help me and give some more funding so they can use them state wide. And here we are outside his office, waiting for us to be called in.

"Sir, You guys can go in now." A lady told us, I stood up and adjusted my outfit to look perfect.

How will he react on seeing me? Do they know the complete story? What if they kick me out?

"Devansh, come lets go." Mr. Shastri called me out loud from the door.

My heart is racing at 1000 miles per hour, every inch of my body is sweating in fear. What if I ruin everything? This one move might ruin my career and life.

Please god! Help me, find the love of my life and secure my career.

As I walked into his office, the security head glared at me with all the energy he got. He came forward and performed a hands-on search on me, this guy hates me. If looks could kill me, I would've died the second I set in this room.

Does that mean she is not alive?

"Shyam, leave the poor kid alone." Mr. Dhanraj said from his chair coming to my rescue, Mr.Shyam left the room giving me one last glare.

I smiled at Mr.Dhanraj and my rubbed the sweaty palm on my pants before joining his for a shake hand.

Mr. Shastri went on and on about all my devices, while I gave him all the statistics and information about them and their functionalities, he seemed completely impressed and involved with all I had to say.

Did he recognize me? That question has been bugging my mind ever since I walked into this room.

"Great Job, Devansh! I would sure love to allot money to this. If not from the government, I'll fund you personally." Mr.Dhanraj said to me.

"Thank you sir, I really appreciate your contributio.." I was cut off as the door opened revealing Mrs. Dhanraj with a worried look on her face.

"Sruthi, What are you doing here at this time?" Mr. Dhanraj asked her in shock.

She is a nice and warm woman, and I talked to her a lot when me and Janu were together. She would definitely be helpful to me right now.