Chapter 15

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.

~Plato

Jagruthi

"Janu! I am so freaking proud of you but I am surprised that you did it. Did the Dean yell at you?" Nidhi asked me coming out of the class as soon as the bell rung.

The Dean left after inviting Karthik and me, so I just sat out with Karthik explaining him the biggest blunder of my life.

How could I let myself do that? Should I keep quiet when some useless person is barking at my dad? My parents are my life, say one thing bad about them, you will meet the furious me.

"No, he didn't. I don't know what came over me to talk out infront of everyone like that." I lied to her holding Karthik's hand tightly.

I can see everyone coming out of the class looking at us and whispering. All my classmates are smiling at me, why now?

"I didn't know you know so much about the government. You freaking killed Sharath, he deserves it." Nidhi squealed in excitement.

"How did you know that Jagadeesh Dhanraj studied here? It's not there on Wikipedia, after you left Karan and his friends checked." Sammy asked squinting his eyes.

I know it because he is my Papa, the one you spoke on the phone, Idiot.

"I saw their names on the Alumni board." I told him looking at Karthik. I can't lie to them looking in their eyes anymore. This is getting hard by each second.

"I saw that too. Anyway, Dad's friend invited us for dinner this Saturday. So be ready by 8 and I'll pick you up. And I'm not going home this Ugadhi, me and friends are going to Bangkok for one last vacation." Karthik informed me about his vacation plan and covering up for the dinner with the Dean.

Sammy, Nidhi and Karthik started talking to each other when I went into the class to pick my backpack.

There he was sitting in the class alone in his desk, the man I want in my life but I can't, Devansh.

"Are you okay?" Devansh asked me with worry written all over his face.

"I'm fine. The Dean didn't say anything bad." I told him.

"I'm proud of you. It's so good to see you open up with everyone." He said looking at me with my favorite eyes.

Devansh is proud of me, There is a glint of admiration in his eyes and that just made me happy to the core.

"Thank you! I didn't mean to talk but I was furious when he started saying stupid stuff about my Pa...Chief Minister." I quickly rectified my Mia before I spilled out the truth.

Just tell him and brand your father as a liar. Everyone will know about you and he will lose his job.

That was a slip of tongue. I promise to not do it again.

"Did you say my Chief Minister?" Devansh said smiling at me and lowered my head in embarrassment.

Why do I do this every single time?

"Are you waiting for someone?" I asked him because the classroom is empty.

"Yeah, I was waiting for you. I thought you would want someone to talk to after the Dean but I didn't think throughly I guess." He said looking at the door.

I turned to the door and found my people talking to each other. Devansh is waiting for me. How is this guy so sweet? And why?

Because he like you dingus.