Chapter 22

And After all what is a Lie? Tis but the truth in Masquerade

~Lord Byron

Jagruthi

"Janu! Why do seem so lost? You are freaking me out." Nidhi asked me while I was looking at Sahastra and Devansh near the class door.

Sahastra's crying while Devansh, Aarthav and the guys are consoling her. After all that happened, there she is still with Devansh, my Devansh.

"I'm fine! I'm just thinking about things." I took my eyes away from them and gave her a smile.

I'm feeling sad today and I don't know the exact reason, but there's this unknown pain piercing my heart.

"Stop with your fake smile, you know I hate it when you do that." She said and hoping for an answer.

What do I tell her?

That I went to Dev's house for the holidays, where I professed my undying love for him.He was supposed to break up with Sahastra. But after coming back to the hostel yesterday I heard that Sahastra's grandma died during a dialysis yesterday and I couldn't let Dev breakup with her.

I remembered how much she loved her, and how much pain she might've been going through.
I didn't wanna add more to that, So I told Devansh to not breakup with her until her pain dies down.

I'm dying now looking at them close like that. Ugh....Stupid life, stupid choices of mine.

Why does my life have to be hard? Why can't I get the normal things in life easily? Why do I make things complicated?

"Why do you keep groaning looking at Devansh and Sahastra? What's wrong with you today? Just tell me." She said placing her pen down frustrated at my pain.

"It's nothing! I'm really tired with the journey the day before, couldn't sleep last night and I'm sad for Sahastra. She loved her grandmother so much, look at her she looks pretty broken." I told her half a truth, I do feel bad for Sahastra.

"Aww.. My poor baby! Do you wanna skip the Digital lab? We could go and sleep." She asked me with concern and love.

I can't skip the lab, that's the only time I get to be with Dev and I want to be with him.

"It's okay! Let's get today done with." I told her and the prayer bell rang.

We all stood up for the prayer and went through a class of Radio Frequency and Signals and Systems.

Sammy, Nidhi and me walked into the lab and Devansh isn't here yet, so I walked to Sammy and Nidhi's table.

"What happened to you? You do not look like my favorite smiling Janu." He said picking up his experiment equipment.

"I just have this feeling that something bad is going to happen and I feel sad all of a sudden." I told sulking beside him.

What's with them? Can they see my expressions that clear? I wish Dev could see my pain, yet I don't want to him to come back now.