Chapter 26

The essence of a lie is the intention to deceive.

~M.Preadaux

I am sorry, I was editing something and I unpublished the previous chapter by mistake and had to publish it again, Didn't mean for that to happen and sorry if I confused you peeps.

Jagruthi

"Janu, Some hot guy is waving at you and is coming towards us." Kajal told me as we were meeting up at our usual spot, which is the cafeteria during the break eating our Potato Samosas.

I followed her eyes and found Rey walking to us with a smile.

"That's Reyansh, he is a transfer student in our class. Remember I told you that I broke a guy's phone when I fell, he is the guy." I told them all and found Kajal wiggling her eyebrows, cooking up an eternal love story between me and Reyansh.

"Stop imagining things Kaju, just because she set you up doesn't mean you try to hook her up with every single guy, now that Karthik is gone." Manju said stopping Kajal make that weird face she was doing.

Yup, there is no Karthik in this college to monitor me, I am all alone for the first time in my life.

"Hi Jagruthi! I am sorry, I know I am bothering you but I literally don't know anyone in this college and you are my last hope." He said giving me a sheepish smile while I looked away from my samosa.

My eyes immediately found the love of my life looking at me with a pained face from the other end of the cafeteria, We are not on talking terms, after that incident which was 2 days ago, he didn't message or call me and neither did I.

I felt like you over reacted at that moment

I think so too, but all I could see was him acting like my typical family which I didn't want in the first place.

Manju nudged me with her elbow, making me look at Reyansh waiting for my reply.

"You are not a bother Rey! These are my friends Kajal, Manju, the one buying candy over there is Nidhi and the boy with her is Samrat." I introduced them and they all smiled at each other.

Kajal went towards Nidhi and Sammy to get something for her.

"I know her, she sits with you and Samrat is in our class right. How's your hand healing?" He asked me again looking at my neatly wrapped elbows.

Rey asked us, but look at our stupid boyfriend just standing there glaring.

"It's getting better, Thank you for asking though. What elective did you pick Programming or  Management?" I asked him continuing the conversation.

Nidhi, Sammy and Kaju picked programming on as they like coding. I picked the Management one because Dev asked me too, with him not talking I am worried, but hey atleast I have Manju in the class with me.

"Principles of Management." He said and kept looking at Manju who's preparing for a quiz.

"Don't mind her, she reads like all the time. You will get habituated to it." I brushed him off while Manju looked at me with a shocked face.

"Shut up Janu! I have a quiz during 4th hour. She is just exaggerating Rey, I hope I can call you that." Manju replied making me shock.

She never talks to guys in a friendly way, of course Aarthav is an exception.

Is this something we should be worried about?

"Hey Reyansh! Guys we are leaving for the class. Byeeee.." Nidhi sang along with Kajal while Sammy waved bye and left with his friends.