Chapter 40

The secret of a happy life is respect. Respect for yourself and respect for others.

~Ayad Akhtar

Jagati

"You are not doing this John Deere Project." Mama said sternly feeding me upma made with ghee and cashews,made for me by my papa, as I was hungry in the middle of the night.

Jet lag sucks, you can't sleep and you get hungry in the middle of the night.

"I am doing it, that was my hard work and no one can stop me." I disagreed with her while she shoved a spoonful in my mouth to shut me up.

Guess what the surprise Nelson had for me?

You probably would've guessed it right, Devansh's village is one among John Deere's selected for their project, which I have to mentor personally and the location of their manufacturing unit is just 10 miles off their place.

That pig couldn't destroy me professionally, so he is attacking me personally as he knows my past now.

Old me would've been scared about this, but the new me is not scared of anything. No one can ruin my career which I built with my efforts, be it Devansh or Nelson.

Stop acting strong.

I am strong.

"I know you are worried about me Mama! But trust me I can handle it, and I am not weak anymore to let people walk all over me. Facing your fears makes you stronger, isn't that what you told me Mama." I said convincing her while she looked at me in awe.

"When did you grow up Janu? I missed you a lot." She replied with tears in her eyes.

"Mama! I will be going to the Global India office first time tomorrow. I am so excited. Are you proud of me." I asked her changing the topic.

" We will always be proud of you." She said holding me by my chin and placed a kiss on my head.

"Are you proud of me Aunty? I helped Uncle make Upma." Dhruv came with his bowl pouting at my mom.

"That's my Aunty, and I helped with that. So she would be more proud of me." Kar came from the kitchen eating from his bowl and sat beside Dhruv.

"Whatever floats your boat bro, and by the way Uncle likes me more than you, he gave me extra cashews." Dhruv irked Karthik by sticking his tongue out.

This Dhruv can start a silly fight with anyone, Dhruv is staying in our home and so is Karthik and everyone in my family after they knew that I came back.

"I like my daughter way more than you three." My papa came, hugged and kissed me while everyone in the room glared at our love.

My mama snatched the bowl of Brownie with Ice cream from my papa's hands and while the other two monkeys started eating from it.

My family is my life, looking at them laughing and fighting with each other like kids makes me feel content. I missed this happiness, I miss my old self.

After a lot of silly fights and goofy plans we all went back to our own rooms and slept peacefully. I got up by 6 and got ready in my high waist black pants, white tee shirt and beige checkered jacket on top, to look like the COO of Global.

I have to make a real good first impression, I have to show all these people in here that I am the boss not some little kid.

"My daughter grew up, look at her. She looks like a real business woman." My papa said as soon as I entered the living room.