Chapter 41

One of the hardest things in life is deciding whether you should give up or try harder.

~Unknown

Devansh

Love is cathartic, the pleasure after the pain subsides, it has the power to change people for better or worse.

The thing is you don't get to decide why or how your heart beats for someone, and you will never know when you will end up with the person who has your heart, that's the essence of Love.

I found mine while I was crying in my mothers arms, while my dad was making fun of me. Her brown eyes who showed pure amazement, and the smile which made anyone happy. I never felt that kind of pull that she had on me with anyone in my life.

She means everything to me, I mean everything. I didn't know how much I missed her until I met her this last week. And I hurt her in un-imaginable ways that she's changed, you can see it in her eyes and in the way she talks, and I am the reason for it.

Sadly, I was the villain in my own story, I made everyone suffer. On one hand I want her to live a happy life with her fiancé and on the other hand the selfish person in me wants to turn the world upside down and make her mine.

"I am soooo happy that I could kiss you right now." Aarthav hugged me real tight with tears in his eyes bringing me away from the sad reality.

I was in town today for some festival shopping for my mom, so I thought I could pop by and meet him. But ever since I entered here all her thoughts have been clouding my mind.

"What happened?" I questioned him at his sudden outburst.

"My Anju talked to me, like she used to when we were in college. She said that she wants to gives us a chance. I am so happy..and I also got the contract to build the JD Manufacturing unit in the bid today. Anju interviewed for the head Mechanical engineer position and she got in too. Me and Anju are going to work together. It's like god is giving me one chocolate after another." He said with happiness, the happiness which was missing from the last 2 years in all our lives.

He deserves this, he deserves all this and if possible more.

" I know that Janu is the reason for all this, she came back and changed everything for me even though I never stood by her and accused her of things."He said feeling guilty but I knew she was going to do something when I told her about these two.

"Congrats Aarthav. You deserve this happiness." I said to him from the bottom of my heart.

"You should be happy too, So I have a good news for you. She is not engaged to anyone, Dhruv's brother was her doctor who she met in a hospital, they are just friends." He said to me the words and I felt everything around me stop for a second.

His words were a joy to the sorrow I've been feeling ever since I heard that she is engaged from Dhruv.

This means, I still have a chance to be with her, a chance at us. We could be Dev and Janu again, how I wish I could hear her call me Dev.

"She might not be ready to accept you, but do whatever you can. Don't give up and fight for her." He said patting my back.

I was quiet till now because I thought she already had someone in her life and that she was happy with him, but now I don't have any other reason to. I am not going to give up on my love, I will love with all every cell in my body and earn my forgiveness.