Chapter 29

Hayat Aslan's POV

After staring awkwardly at the angry kids, I decided it was best to get the heck out of there. I smiled at them, surely looking like a clown and got out of the ward.

"If he is not here then where is he?" I thought it would be fine if I came alone but without Murat, I could not even find my nephew.

I decided to look around and see if I could find him or find his parents. I didn't know how he looked so, there was zero chance to find him. After roaming around and meeting my ex-colleagues for half an hour, I had enough. I went behind the hospital where they had the park for patients. I sat on the empty bench after sighing. I was contemplating about calling Murat for his help.

I got my phone in my hand and was about to press his number, a ball fall on my lap, scaring everything out of me. I even dropped my phone in fear and screamed. A sweet yet naughty childish laugh was heard over my scream. A small kid was sitting on the grass and laughing like he would just lay on the grass because of his laugh. His fair skin turned red because of his laugh.

My eyes wondered around in search of his parents but didn't see anyone who could claim this little kid. He was probably Zain's age and there was high chance that he could not even speak clearly. His face was turning excessive red which concerned me as he wasn't laughing anymore.

"Hi, baby. Are you OK?" I patted on his head and he just looked at me with his big eyes. He looked so familiar. He was trying to catch his breath and I figured out that he had breathing problems.

"It's ok. You are fine, just relax." I caressed on his back and he leaned on me. Poor baby was suffering from such a young age. I took him on my arms and got back on the bench.

He seemed to be fine so, I started to question him. "What is your name baby?"

He did not replied but he really looked like my brother, Erhan. To clear my doubt, I called him with that name. "Zain?"

He did a little 'hmm' and my heart leapt out. Kids made those small sounds all the time that's why it was not clear for me if he was the Zain I was looking for.

"Do you know me?" He was playing with my watch and looked up at me. "Ha.. ya!" he said excitedly with a toothy grin.

That was also gibberish that kids often utter just for fun. I looked around again to see if anyone was searching for their kid. I just sat there and let him go all over me. He was an very active kid and it didn't help his health condition. He was on my lap, before I could blink, he was standing on my lap trying to get over my shoulder. I wasn't a mountain for him to climb! I was sure that my hair looked like a bird nest.

I just couldn't get angry at him because of his innocent gibberish and laugh. I was angry at the people for letting such small kid out there all by himself. I saw a nurse running towards us and I instantly knew that she was coming for him.

"Zain!! You sneaked out again!"

I snorted before standing up. "Sneaked out? He is a two year old kid. How do you think he could just sneak out? Where is his parents? He is obviously sick and none of them is beside him. How did this hospital become so careless about patients?"

The nurse kept her head low. She used to do little mistakes before but she started to lose the patient as well. "His parents are looking for him as well."

"Really? Then let's go, I need to give them some earful. What kind of parents are they?"

I was leaded on a private room. I saw my brother and sister in law in the room and I knew that I was carrying my nephew. I looked down to him and smiled. He looked excited to go to his parents.