Chapter Three: Harry

HARRY.

I lifted Alex out of the van carefully, carrying her bridal style. She was so light, and fit perfectly in my arms. The other guys, Emmett, Sebastian (dark skinned one), James (blue eyes & blonde greasy hair) and Brian (driver) followed closely.

I analysed every detail of her face as I walked. I knew this area and everything in it back to front, so I didn’t need to look where I was going.

She looked just like she did in the picture my father showed me, minus the smile. Her eyelashes were still wet from crying, her tanned cheeks tear stained and flushed from sleep. She absolutely flawless. Perfect. Every single time she looked at me in the van, my heart skipped a beat.

I knew it was stupid, though. Why would a girl like her every like a guy like me? I’d just kidnapped her. Ruined her life. I could possibly be the reason her life would end.

I decided I wouldn’t let my Dad do it. Just protect her. Fight back. If any of those sick murderers behind me lay one finger on her, I will beat the shit out of them.

She was starting to stir, so I quickened my pace. My father had informed me that she was to stay in my room, since we were short on space with all the other girls he kept locked up. I’d reluctantly agreed, since I had no right to argue, and because maybe the facts she was in my room would help me protect her.

I kicked open the door to my room, and lay her down on the big double bed, pulling up the covers till it reaches her chin. I pull off her ruined heels, and set them on the floor. The tight, short dress she’s wearing looks uncomfortable, but I decided to let the girl have some dignity and don’t take it off.

The fact that there’s only one bed kind of makes me uncomfortable, sleeping next to a girl I’ve barely spoken to. But I have bigger things to worry about than that.

I leave the bedroom for a second, going into the bathroom, and wet a tissue. I come back and gently sit beside her on the bed, wiping the blood off her forehead. I feel guilty when I see that because I knew I’m the one who did that to her. I shouldn’t have slammed her on the floor like that, but I did, because I knew Emmett would have done worse if he had his hands on her. He did kill Carrie, the girl Alex was with. Murderer.

The blood is all gone, and I can see the cut the stone left her. It’s not deep and it will heal, possible without a scar. I don’t know what to do so I just lay down next to her – on top of the blanket – and close my eyes. Not to sleep, but just to rest them.

“Who are you?”

The sound of her voice scares the living crap out of me. I jump up hastily, and get a good look at her. Her eyes are that extraordinary shade, but up close I can see it isn’t just green. Most of her iris is that unusually bright colour with flecks of blue, but the edges gets a darker green with bits of grey. Beautiful.

“I’m Harry Styles, your kidnapper.” I say, pointing out the obvious.

“I know.” Her voice is quieter, and she shrinks away from me slightly. “Where are we?”

“I can’t tell you that. Sorry.”

Her face crumples and her eyes fill with tears. “Please don’t hurt me. I-I’ll do anything, I swear -”

“I’m not going to hurt you, Alex. I promise.”

“How do you know my name?”

“I can’t tell you that either.”

She bites down on her bottom lip and looks at me again. Her eyes scan every detail of my face. I don’t know what she’s doing, so I just sit silently and watch her every move.