Chapter Nineteen: "Goodbye."

ALEX

I stared at TM for what seemed like eternity. Harry aided him in packing the extra necessities we would need while asking questions on 'what the fuck was actually going on'.

Meanwhile, I was still trying to figure out whether all of this was a trap, or if TM genuinely wanted us to escape Adrian. If he was actually out of jail and after us.

What I couldn't figure out was exactly HOW Adrian could have found a way to break out of prison. I knew that he was jailed for life due to the amounts of kidnaps, rapes, and killings. Not to mention BURNING the bodies of his helpless victims.

I decided to shut my mind off, not wanting unwelcome thoughts to invade. I listened to Harry and TM's conversation instead, trying to see if I could detect any faults in TM's voice, just to tell if he was lying or not.

"... Happens if he catches us?" Harry asked, hauling a box into his arms and gesturing for me to join him with a flick of his head.

I intently watched TM as I made my way of to Harry, lightly grasping the material of the back of his shirt before TM spoke again.

"Hopefully, he won't come within three feet of us."

"But what if he does?" Harry snapped, irritated. He was clearly in the mood of being a realist, not an optimist.

"We have to do out best to avoid him."

"Does he have the others?"

"I don't know."

Harry huffed, roughly shoving the box in to TM's arms and grabbing my hand. I entwined our fingers, still not making a sound. I think he could tell I just wanted to get the hell out of here, not in the mood to make conversation.

I decided to speak anyway. "Where are we gonna go?"

Harry frowned down at me for some unknown reason. I frowned back up at him, awaiting TM's answer.

"We'll be staying in an apartment a few miles from here. Don't worry, I got it all organised and sorted."

"Too organised." I muttered. Harry didn't hear what I said, leading me up the stairs, back through the trapdoor. I didn't get it. Adrian's 'visit', if you can call it that, was a surprise to TM. We were supposed to stay here, in this warehouse. Why would he already have a place ready and waiting, obviously rented. He didn't have nearly enough time to sort everything out. There was something wrong here. Really wrong.

I lightly tugged Harry's arm, causing him to face me. "Yeah?"

I whispered quietly, voicing what I thought TM was up to. Harry listened intently, lips parting in realisation once I'd finished.

"You're right." He said in a hushed voice.

I didn't respond, eyes flickering to where TM stood, in front of the box, peering around a wall. The hallways were bare and dirty, bringing back the unwelcome memories of being Adrian's hostage.

Harry's eyes found mine, his lips pressing a small kiss to the corner of my mouth. We sat crouched a few feet away from Adrian, shivering slightly at the cold of the warehouse. It was obvious there was no source of central heating.

Harry held me close, lips peppering kisses along the back of my neck. I turned slightly, rubbing a blood stain on his bandage. He winced and I apologised quietly, kissing the dry area. I had to smile when I saw him grinning like an idiot as I pulled away.

"Harry, Alex, come here!" TM whisper-yelled from his corner. We crawled on our knees, too lazy to stand up, towards where he sat.

"Are we gonna move or just sit here?" I grumbled, causing Harry to silently chuckle and TM to glare.