Chapter Two: Alex

ALEX

My feet were honestly killing me. I had gone partying with my friends, just a little pick me up because my douchebag of a boyfriend – ex – boyfriend – cheated on me. It was actually the second time in the two years we were together. Don’t ask me what I was thinking the first time, but I just thought that everyone deserves a second chance.

Fat lot of good that did me.

My dress was slutty, short and skin-tight. I don’t normally ever dress like this, but since I thought about having fun, and only that, I didn’t really mind my clothing.

“Alex! Alex, wait!”

I sighed to myself, and turned to see my best friend Carrie. Her flaming red hair was blown behind her in the wind, her blue eyes glinting in the moonlight.

“What?” I snapped crankily. My head was aching, my body and feet numb from dancing, and the cold.

“Y-you forgot your phone.” Her speech was slightly slurred as she handed me my phone. Yep, she was still slightly drunk.

“Thanks.” I said shortly, taking it from her. I carried on walking.

Suddenly my phone started blasting out Adele’s ‘Someone like you’.

Carrie raised her eyebrows at me. “Seriously? Because of Eddie?”

I frowned at the mention of my ex-boyfriend. Who happened to be the person who was calling right now.

“What?” I snapped, answering the phone.

“Alex, baby listen -”

Bloody hell. He wouldn’t give up, would he?

“No, Eddie! You listen to me. I can’t believe how stupid I was to forgive you the first time, but I didn’t imagine you would do this! This is the second time you’ve cheated on me! It hurt enough the first time, so why can’t you just leave me alone?”

I was beyond angry, screaming into the phone. Carrie was watching me like this was the most normal thing ever.

“No, Alex, I love y -”

“Don’t give me that bullshit, Eddie! You’ve never loved me, never! So just leave me alone, piss off, you… You wanker!”

I hung up the phone and hurled it towards the park next to where I was standing. Carrie was still staring at me. I glared at her. “What?”

“I’ve never seen you so…” She waved her hands about, trying to think of the right word.

“Angry?”

“Thassit.”

I plonked myself down next to her, sitting on the curb. Life is so unfair.

“You’re better off without him, you know.”

“What?”

“Eddie. You can do better than a… loser like him. Yeah he’s a loser. With a capital L.” She made an L shape with her fingers and rested it against her forehead. I grinned. Carrie would never do that sober.

“Pile of wank…” She went on.

“I get it, Carrie.”

“Good. Well, come on then. We gotta go home. Mum and Dad will be waitin’.”

“’Kay.”

We both got up, and started walking, when I stopped abruptly.

“Crap!” I yell to no one in particular.