Chaper Six: ALEX :*

ALEX

I stared at Harry. He was serious. I knew it. I could see it in his eyes.

"What the hell are you talking about? I can't leave now."

"I'm giving you a chance, Al. You can go, be free, back home."

"But if I tell the police, you'll go to jail."

"And will you tell?"

"I don't know." I mumbled. "Not on YOU, but you're Dad."

He sighed, stroking my hair. "Look what he's done to you, Alex."

He was talking about the beating that took place three hours ago. After forcing Harry to leave me alone since I needed to bathe, I cleaned all the blood off me. When I was wrapped in the towel, Harry helped me get dressed (with his eyes closed, laughing the whole time).

It wasn't funny. It was the most awkward moment of my life.

"I don't care," I lied, "you need me here. I know you do."

"That's true. But this isn't ABOUT me. It's about YOU. It'll kill me if something like this happened again."

I swallowed, running my fingers through my waves. "I need you, Harry." I blurted.

His eyes lit up. "So do I."

"Then I'm staying. End of discussion."

I know it was slightly stupid. I couldn't potentially die here. But I've become too attached to Harry in too short a space of time.

"I..." My throat felt suddenly dry.

"You what?"

I wanted so badly to say 'I love you', but I chickened out and said, "I wanna know what you were going to tell me."

"Huh?"

"Before. When I finished having a shower. You said you were gonna tell me something."

"Oh. I, uh, wanted to say that my, um, Dad asked me to kidnap another girl."

My eyes widened. "Who?"

"Her name's Holly something. I can't remember."

My mouth opens, I'm about to say something, then closes.

"Are you gonna say anything?"

"When?" I choke out.

"Tomorrow."

Breathing out deeply, I fiddle with the hem of another one of Harry's shirts. "Will she be staying in here?"

I don't want to say it, but I'm jealous. What if she's prettier than me, or braver? What if Harry develops feelings for her. It'd kill me.

"No, there's room next door for two."

"Then how come I didn't stay there?"

"One of the girls died the day you came."

"Oh." I didn't know what to say.

"The thing I actually wanted to tell you was, I'm not gonna be here to protect you, and I know you won't be able to defend yourself."

I just nod, balling my hands up into fists to stop from shaking.

"I'm sorry."

"Not your fault." My voice comes out in nearly a whisper.

"Yes it is. You can tell me it isn't my fault all you like but it is. I brought you here. It always comes down to this."

I roll my eyes. "I'm not going to waste my breath trying to convince you..."