Chapter Ten: ALEX & HARRY :-D

ALEX

Just seeing his angelic face again made me feel like I'd gotten the wind knocked out of me. His hair had grown, his ringlets more bouncy than ever.

I swear he became teary eyed. I was.

I just stared at him. When I saw him, I barely managed to stutter out a 'hi', before flopping in a stool next to him on the kitchen island and being breathless.

He was acting like everything was completely normal, chatting with my Mum, and occasionally including me in their conversations.

That son of a bitch.

Who did he think he was? After all this time, appearing on my doorstep, twenty years' old, acting like nothing had happened.

More importantly I wanted to know WHY he was here. I could understand him leaving up to a point. His Mum came, after him thinking she was dead for nine years. But what I don't get it why he didn't keep in touch. He could've given me phone back to me, given me his number.

We never did any couply things. You know, dates. We kissed a lot, duh, but not much else went on. I wished we could have had a longer relationship, even if it meant being in the shithole of Adrian's establishment.

I knew Harry wanted to talk to me. I could see it. When he was listening to my Mum's annoying nattering, he would glance at me, sometimes but his lip, and look deeply into my eyes.

Of course, all of these things made the butterflies go wild in my stomach.

I hated that he had this effect on me, STILL. He might have found someone else, for all I know, and could be coming back just to check on me.

I don't know how to feel. What to do.

I just sat there.

And stared at him.

At Harry. The man who crushed my heart.

HARRY

I knew Alex was staring at me. You can sense that. I wanted so badly to say 'I love you' to her, but I was too scared. She might not even have feelings for me anymore. I don't know.

Her Mum had been talking to me for a long time, while Alex sat there looking breathtakingly beautiful, her hair now the proper ringlets they were becoming when we were with Adrian.

"I was actually gonna take Alex somewhere." I told her Mum when she finally took in some air.

Alex choked on her cereal and her Mum beamed. "Really? You'd like that, wouldn't you, Alex?"

"Not really, no."

"Don't be so rude. She'd love to go, Harry."

I almost laughed. "Thank you, Mrs Carter."

"Melissa."

Alex laughed now.

Her Mum glared. "You can have my daughter for as long as you want. But if you hurt her, I'll hurt you. I have a pretty mean right hook, if I do say so myself."

"You're acting like Dad, Mum." Alex smiled, showing her adorable dimples.

"Whatever. You can take her, Harry."

I think we were dismissed, so I grabbed Alex's hand and started to drag her a way, making sure to say thank you and goodbye to her Mum.

"Let go of me," she hissed the moment the kitchen door shut. Her smile disappeared. I realised it was fake, just a show for her Mum.

"Alex, baby -"

"Don't call me that."

My stomach twisted. "Just listen to me, please."