Chapter 74.

MAKING CHOCOLATES.

After almost a forever long recording session, Sho Fuwa slumped lazily on the comfy chaise longue, chugging a whole jug of water to take care of his sore throat, which was tired from singing all day long. It helped. He was so relaxed that he would've dozed off right then and there if Mimori hadn't knocked on the door.

"Sho! There you are!" She squealed in her usual delighted tone.

Sho was now wide awake after listening to her piercingly shrill voice. "What do you want?" He demanded, his tone slightly irritated.

"Why are being so mean? I specially came here so I could see you before I've to leave for my shoot. I wouldn't be back for two weeks, you know."

"Great," Sho muttered under his breath.

"What did you say?"

Plastering a polite smile, he shook his head. "Nothing."

"Anyway, I've got something for you," she blushed as she offered him a heart shaped box of chocolates. "I wouldn't be back until Valentine's Day is over, that's why I'm giving it you early. I made these myself."

"Thanks." Sho, genuinely touched by the kind gesture, took it from her with a smile and put it on the huge pile of other gifts and chocolates in the corner of the room.

"Woah!" Mimori was surprised. "There are still four more days left in Valentine's Day, and you already got so many presents!"

"These are from the staff," he answered, with gratitude for having the support of so many people. Before the Karuizawa incident, he used to take his popularity for granted, but after nearly losing it all, he had been working non-stop to maintain his position and stay at the top.

Even though he would never admit it out loud, it had all been because of Kyoko. If she hadn't provoked him he would've never fought the Vie Ghouls for the top spot.

Since Karuizawa, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. Looking at the pile of presents, he reminisced about all those years when Kyoko used to make chocolates for him. Though he had a lot of female admirers in school even when he wasn't a star, she was always the first one to give him chocolates. The memories almost made him miss her.

"What's wrong, Sho?" Mimori asked with concern. "You had that faraway look in your eyes again."

He had been so lost in his thoughts that he almost forgot about her being there. "Um, nothing."

"You were thinking about Kyoko, weren't you?" She couldn't keep the hurt from her voice.

Sho's eyes widened with amazement at how well Mimori knew him. They were in the same agency so he couldn't avoid her like the other clingy fangirls. But turned out, Mimori was quite perceptive when it came to these things. Even though she had no clue of the specific details about his past relationship with Kyoko, she would still get it right whenever he did think of her. Which was a lot since Karuizawa.

"I wasn't," he lied. "And why do you keep bringing her up? For the hundredth time, we don't mean anything to each other!"

"Whenever you have that look, I can tell that you're thinking about her." She had to force the words out because of the lump in her throat. "I don't know what happened between you two, but I do know that it's a lie when you say that she doesn't mean anything to you."

"Why would I think about her, huh?" He snapped. Everytime Mimori spoke the truth, his nerves were struck. "I was just looking at the chocolates!"

"I know. That's why I thought you must be thinking about Kyoko. It's Valentine's Day, so she might make chocolates for that guy you hate so much. That actor, Ren Tsuruga. It's possible since they work at the same agency."