Chapter 94.

DEMON BREAKING OUT.

"Just because you've landed a few big roles, you think you're special?" The Director thundered at Kyoko, who flinched down. "Thats what happens to rookies! They think minor roles aren't worth their time when they get a little famous. All that fame gets to their heads!"

"I'm sorry," Kyoko bowed. "It won't happen again. I won't be late."

"You better don't or I wouldn't hesitate to fire you!"

Even after the Director had marched off in anger, Kyoko remained standing there with her head hung low. She still got late even after going through the trouble of getting a ride with Sho, and at the expanse of having to deal with Ren's anger whenever she would see him, all because Sho stopped her to ask that stupid question!

Yet, instead of anger, all she felt was sadness. She couldn't help it, her mood had been awful since Ren saw them.

"Kyoko, don't feel bad. You know how the Director is. He'll be fine!" She didn't need to look up to see that it was Hikaru, one of the hosts in Kimagure Rock, and also her costar. "He shouldn't have yelled at you like that. Don't take his words to heart."

She still couldn't look up. All of a sudden, she felt a hand caressing the top of her head.

"Come on now, cheer up already!" Hikaru smiled, patting her head up. "Everything gets so dull whenever you're in a bad mood."

The moment he had touched her head, another memory popped in her mind. It was of the time when she was Setsuka and Cain patted her head all of a sudden in a similar way before they both entered the studio together.

Somehow, remembering it made her smile as she slowly raised her head. It was a sad smile. She couldn't help but wonder why with Hikaru's touch, there were no chills crawling down her back like the last time when it was Ren.

She was afraid she already knew the answer. It we part of the reason of her sadness. It had something to do with her past experience, when falling in love made her so obsessed that she had been totally clingy with Sho. That was why she could never allow herself to fall for Ren. Even if the small pain in her chest because of all the suppressing was now turning into pure torment.

.

.

.

As soon as the meeting was over, Yashiro followed his client outside the restaurant. During the whole time since they accidentally caught Kyoko with Sho Fuwa, Ren had been so angry that his murderous glare never left him. What surprised the manager was that it seemed to him Ren wasn't even trying to hide it, unlike usual.

More to it, there was something definitely different about Ren that day. There was no sign of that fake plastic smile of his, and the fact that he didn't bother to hide his true feelings behind a shell was proof enough. Even his glare seemed different. Colder. Deadlier.

It reminded the manager of the time when he met Ren for the first time. Yashiro didn't need to be told that Ren Tsuruga wasn't the real name of his client. Infact, he had always suspected that this was just another part his client was playing, like any other character. Yashiro had a feeling that whoever Ren used to be was someone much more unapproachable. More dangerous.

Back when they first met three years ago, when Ren wasn't such a big shot celebrity Yashiro had sensed an air of mysteriousness around him. Somedays, even now, the manager felt that his past self would seep out of him. Today was one of those days, as he could sense his unusually cold eyes to belong to someone else.

All of a sudden Yashiro's cell phone rang, making him snap out of his thoughts. He halted. "Ren, I gotta take this call. It's important. Why don't you wait in the car?"