Chapter 85.

THE LOCKS COMING OFF.

When Swara arrived at his office this morning, he eyes flashed with the colour gold because of all the ornaments. The whole room was occupied by a bunch of dark-skinned girls with short, straight bangs; plated with jewellery and ornaments from head to toe.

Between those egyptian girls awaited President Takarada, dressed like a pharoh, wearing a long smooth, silk kaftaan, and a nemes headpiece threaded with gold. On top of that, he was also lagging on a bunch of gold extravagant and fine accessories. Swara wondered how he hadn't been crushed by the weight yet.

Weird people wearing tons of makeup and dressed crazy barging into his office was a typical day in Swara's life. Though he did not found it odd, he still sighed.

"You like my egyptian look?" Takarada grinned. "Wouldn't it be wonderful for the party tonight?"

"No!" Swara flinched, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Please do not go to the party dressed like that! Or better yet, just don't go."

"Why?"

"Because you always hog all the attention wherever you go! And there will be press conducting interviews of the cast. Wouldn't it be better to let them focus on it. Besides, it's not even necessary for you to go. It's a Dark Moon wrap up party. The Director only invited you out of courtsey. If you go there, you'll turn it into the Takarada freakshow!"

"How rude, that's ridiculous!"

"Is it? Haven't you already planned your grand entrance? Were you not gonna take all these thralls and your camel along with you?"

"Tsk," the President looked away. "But I was so looking forward to the party."

Swara narrowed his eyes. "You're still gonna go, aren't you?"

Takarada grinned again. "Don't worry, I'll be stealthy. No one would even know that I was there."

.

.

.

Kanae was making her way through the empty corridors of LME, to the Love Me Division, when in the distance, she spotted a girl looming there with a straight back and familiar ginger hair.

With a smile, the actress ran ahead but before she could call out to her friend, something she noticed caused her voice to die down in her throat. Kanae instinctively stopped herself from reaching out.

The reason being the unmistakably depressed aura emanating from Kyoko. It wasn't like usual, because something seemed really off about her. The customary playfulness in her hazel eyes was extinguished to nothing, and those empty orbs were focused on the floor in a quite upsetting manner.

Concern welled up inside Kanae. Her throat stiffening, she mumbled softly, "Kyoko?"

Hearing her name being called out, Kyoko snapped out of her trance, and cocked her head in the direction of the sound. "Moko!" Her cheerfulness returned and she outstretched her arms to crush her best friend in a hug.

Moko was first startled but she wasn't fooled. She could tell Kyoko was faking that smile of hers. Even though it wasn't easy to find the reason behind her miserable mood as her friend wouldn't fess up, but with much persuasion, she at last managed to crack Kyoko into telling her what was wrong.

"I... don't have a dress for the party tonight," she sighed out, looking down. Her dejected aura returning.

"Are you kidding me?" Kanae exclaimed. "You were so worried about that?"