Chapter 22 - The Triwizard Cup

*Fred*

"F-Fred...?"

I looked down at the girl in my arms. Daisy was wakening. I was carrying her up to Gryffindor Tower, George and Terry on either side of me. My knuckles throbbed, but I ignored them as I focused on Daisy's emerald eyes, fluttering open slowly.

"Yeah, Daisy?" I said softly. This was the first time we'd used each other's actual names in a while. "Everything's fine. Just relax."

Anger was still pulsing through me, but I'd gotten most of it out of me by beating up Floppy. That little fucking shit. I'd kill him if I could.

"He - he -"

"Relax." I told her firmly. "You're okay. Don't strain yourself."

"He told me - he's not going to stop until he -"

Daisy's eyes fluttered closed again. I sighed.

"What's she saying?" George asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I dunno -"

"Let's let her wake up in a classroom, eh?" Terry said suddenly, his eyes on the Fat Lady - or rather, what was coming from behind her. People were climbing through the portrait hole, and a loud, raucous din of voices and music came from it. Of course. The common room was full, and parties are not the best places for a Stunned person to recover.

George held open the door to the nearest classroom, and I slipped in. My clan mates followed, and I laid Daisy down on the teacher's desk. She murmured, stirring, and her eyes opened again.

"Floppy - he -"

"We know, Softpaw." I said soothingly, taking one of her hands. My skin lit up where hers touched mine. "He's not -"

"Red, you don't understand." Daisy sat up, struggling, and George placed a hand on her back to help her. "Floppy said he wanted to kidnap me for You-Know-Poo - he said he won't stop until he does. He said he has to do it soon."

"What a load of nonsense." I scoffed. "Tell him he'll get my entire foot up his unwashed ass if he tries to scare you like that again."

Daisy looked me in the eye. "Red... he's not joking around. He meant it. He really meant it."

I swallowed, hard. "Well... he's not going to take you anywhere while we're around, Softpaw. While I'M around."

And to Daisy's command, taking George's idea, an hour later, we'd located Floppy and the Three Douchebags again and tied them by their ankles from the Astronomy Tower balcony.

"Not so full of yourself now, are you, Floppy?" Daisy cackled as Floppy swung in the vicious winds, yelling. Daisy and I high-fived.

~~~

*Daisy*

The mood in the castle as we entered June became excited and tense again. Everyone was looking forward to the third task, which would take place a week before the end of term. Harry and I were practising hexes in every available moment. I felt more confident about this task than either of the others. Difficult and dangerous though it would undoubtedly be, I had managed to find my way past monstrous creatures and enchanted barriers before now, and if it came to the worst, I could use my angel powers. I pushed all thoughts and fears about Floppy out of my head, reassured now that at least one member of the Insurgents now accompanied me everywhere