Chapter 3 - The Quidditch World Cup And The Kidnapping

Immediately after Bill and Charlie had finished greeting Harry and I, there was a faint popping noise, and Mr Weasley appeared out of thin air at George's shoulder. He was looking angrier than I had ever seen him.

"That WASN'T FUNNY, Fred!" He shouted. "What on earth did you give that Muggle boy?"

"I didn't give him anything." Fred said, with another evil grin. "I just DROPPED it ... it was his fault he went and ate it, I never told him to."

"You dropped it on purpose!" Mr Weasley roared. "You knew he'd eat it, you knew he was on a diet -"

I sniggered at the memory of Dudley's parents forcing him to take a diet after the nurse from his school telling them he was overweight.

"How big did his tongue get?" George asked eagerly.

"It was four foot long before his parents would let me shrink it!"

We all roared with laughter again.

"It ISN'T FUNNY!" Mr Weasley shouted. "That sort of behaviour seriously undermines wizard-Muggle relations! I spend half my life campaigning against the mistreatment of Muggles, and my own sons -"

"We didn't give it to him because he was a Muggle!" Fred said indignantly.

"No, we gave it to him because he's a git and he stole Softpaw's charger!" George said. "Didn't he, Softpaw?"

"Aye, he actually did." I said.

"That's not the point!" Mr Weasley raged. "You wait until I tell your mother -"

"Tell me what?" A voice said behind us.

Mrs Weasley had just joined the server.

"Oh, hello, Daisy and Harry dears." She said, spotting us and smiling. Then her eyes snapped back to her husband. "Tell me WHAT, Arthur?"

Mr Weasley hesitated. I could tell that, however angry he was with Fred and George, he hadn't really intended to tell Mrs Weasley what had happened. There was a silence, while Mr Weasley eyed his wife nervously. Then Hermione and Ginny appeared in the kitchen doorway behind Mrs Weasley. Harry grinned at Ginny, which made her go scarlet. I tried not to giggle - I really did.

"Tell me WHAT, Arthur?" Mrs Weasley repeated, in a dangerous sort of voice.

"It's nothing, Molly." Mr Weasley mumbled. "Fred and George just - but I've had words with them -"

"What have they done this time?" Mrs Weasley said. "If it's got anything to do with Weasley's Wizard Wheezes -"

"Why don't you show the twins where they're sleeping, Ron?" Hermione said from the doorway.

"They know where they're sleeping." Ron said. "Harry's in my room, Daisy in the twins' -"

"We can all go." Hermione said, pointedly.

"Oh." Ron said, cottoning on. "Right."

"Yeah, we'll come, too -" George said.

"You stay where you are!" Mrs Weasley snarled.

"You go on ahead, I want to watch this." I whispered to Harry, sniggering quietly.

Harry and Ron edged out of the kitchen, and Hermione and Ginny followed. I heard their voices fading -

"What are Weasley's Wizard Wheezes?" Harry asked.

I heard Ron and Ginny laughing.

"Mum found this stack of order forms when she was cleaning Fred and George's room." Ron said. "Great long price-lists for stuff they and Daisy've invented. Joke stuff, you know. Fake wands and trick sweets, loads of stuff. It was brilliant, I never knew they'd been inventing all that ..."