Chapter 27 -

Chapter 27:

I heard frantic whispering to my right, and my name mentioned once or twice. A hiss of pain broke the whisperings, and a moan escaped. I struggled to open my eyes, and nothing happened. I tried to shout out, and nothing happened. I tried to wiggle my toes, nothing happened.

"Guys, go. Look, I'll watch her tonight, make sure that asshole doesn't come anywhere near her." Blake's strangely serene voice cracked the hushed, hurried sounds around me, and I attempted to move, to do anything, to show him I was here, but not here.

Mumbled goodbyes reached my ears, and I felt a chaste kiss being planted on my forehead. "So, Cas, just you, me and junior, love." Blake announced, sounding upbeat, like he knew I could hear him. "I know you can hear me, I can still read your mind, you know. Give it a while, okay? You'll open your eyes eventually."

I relaxed, Blake wouldn't lie to me. And the baby was fine? So I was indeed pregnant?

I waited for the happy laugh to burst from my lips, and nothing happened. I tried to wiggle my toes and nothing. I fumed silently, and wanted to punch something, anything. But what had took place to land me in this kind of big mess?

Blake sighed, and I felt the bed sag beside me. "Well, we were on the way home, and some prick was driving on the wrong side of the road, drink driving. Everyone one of us was okay, except for just surface cuts, apart from you. You just blacked out, nobody can explain it. But when we got out the car, we got a nasty surprise. Ryan was the other driver, and he had a stand-by vehicle nearby and he drove off, yelling about revenge."

I tensed, and then I was overjoyed that my shoulders had moved.

But Ryan was here?! My breathing increased rapidly, and the beeping to my right that I just noticed sped up, and Blake's warm hand met mine reassuringly, "I won't let him even think about it." He growled, dangerously low, and I felt a flash of terror.

Ryan was out to get me, I just knew it. No matter what Blake said, I was in danger. The moment Blake left, I was more or less dead.

I knew it.

Ryan just wouldn't let me do what I pleased and just move on, I had it coming.

The beeping increased ten-fold and a new voice entered the room, "Sir, is she alright?" A light feminine tone prompted, and I could almost hear Blake smile softly. "She can hear everything, and I was just telling her what had happened. She just panicked, which is understandable." The nurse humphed and the door clicked shut after her.

"She's a bitch. All smiles until she found out we were married, then POW! Mega cranky bitchy nurse alert!" Blake exclaimed, and I smiled, and he squeezed my hand, showing he saw my slight smile.

"Hey, I don't blame her. You're like a blooming model type thing, and then I'm just this midget with good hair that smells nice." I giggled, and then flickered my eyes open, meeting Blake's liquid green orbs just centimetres away from mine. "Well, our son is going to be one very hot child. He's going to be a lady's man, I can feel it." Blake teased.

"How do you know it's a boy?" I gaped, frowning at him in confusion. "I know these things, trust me." I pondered on that for a minute. "Can I call him Michael?" I tested, watching Blake's face for any vital emotions as I spoke.

His eyes lit up, and a grin formed on his face, "Of course! His granddad King will be happy, his name's Michael." I rested my hand on my stomach, thinking about my son in there. Michael Blake Jacob King it will be so.

"I don't want my name in his! People might connect us! And I'm supposed to be dead, remember?!" Blake whisper yelled, looking hopeless. I poked my tongue out my mouth, "Oh shut up. I can call him what I want, arsehole." Blake made a face back, "At least change it to Michael Jacob Blake. Or leave the Blake out."