Rescued By An Angel (Literally) Chapter 5

Heya guys, I just wanted to say hi lol. What do you honestly think? I havnt gotten any feedback yet and I want to hear your opinions.

Chapter 5 : Woah. What A Coincidence!

The poor secretary was bogged down with phone calls and letters, but seemed willing to help me, the new student.

Unfortunatly, most of what she was saying flew right over my head, in one ear, out the other.

I was distracted by the boy beside me.

I felt....drawn to him. Like a magnet.

Yes. I know that's weird.

The secretary suddenly realised that there was somebody else here, and she cocked her eyebrow at the boy, and he opened his mouth to speak, "Hi, I'm new here too, I hope you don't mind me listening in?"

His voice evoked something in me, I couldn't explain it. He glanced towards me, and smiled a small smile that made my knees feel like jelly.

The secretary grinned widely and handed him a timetable, comparing it with mine, and she seemed pretty excited over them, then she let out a happy shriek, "You two are so lucky! You share all the same classes! What a coincidence!"

I silently thanked God, least I'd kinda know somebody. The boy shifted towards me slightly more, and smiled again, reassuringly, at me. I could feel the heat from his body on my skin, and I couldn't help but blush gently.

The secretary's eyes glazed over slightly, and she hopped up to get a piece of paper and wrote as she explained to us, "Im organising for you two to be buddies. Just show this to your teachers, they'll understand."

This made me blush some more, I was being paired off with him?! My heart started pounding three times faster than normal and my mouth went dry. I was afraid to meet his eyes again.

The secretary ushered us out the office door, excusing us from our first class, but making us promise to go to our second.

I scanned down my timetable, today was a good day. I had French, language studies, treble art, and to make it all better, today was a half day.

I glanced up at the boy, looking at his forehead rather than his eyes, "Heya, I'm Cassy, Cassy Freeman." I could feel his eyes burning holes into my eye sockets, and resisted the strong urge I had to look into his eyes.

"I'm Blake King, and hi to you too."

His name was Blake. It suited him.

There was something about him though, that I just couldn't put my finger on.

I didn't know what to say to this almost magical THING in front of me. I was scared of what he'd think of me. An abnormal wave of shyness settled over me, and I decided to natter on about him.

It Seemed a safe subject.

Then the urge to look into his eyes became more powerful, and I locked eyes with him once more. Blake's eyes were warm and welcoming, with a small cloud of confusion clear.

"So, where you from?" I asked.

Blake hesitated before he answered, and I picked up on it, and mumbled a quick pardon, "Im sorry if that was too personal. You don't have to answer that."

Blake's expression softened, "Cassy, don't apologize. You didn't know. But I'm from the East, near Dublin."

I was about to ask another question, when the bell rang, time for French.