Year 1: I'll Miss You Guys

Harry pov

I opened my eyes to see the bright hospital wing lights. I quickly shut them before getting ready to open them again. I was surrounded by gifts, lollies and Get well soon cards, even though it felt like I'd only been out a day.

I immediately grinned reaching out to grab my glasses on the bedside table.

"Good afternoon, Harry" Dumbledore greeted "Ahhh, tokens from your admirers" Dumbledore acknowledged my gifts

"Admirers?" I asked confused

"What happened down in the Dungeons between you, and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So naturally, the whole school knows" He grinned

I chuckled 

"Ahh I see your friend, Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs"

"Ron was here? Is he alright? What about Y/n? and Hermione-?"

"Fine, they're all just fine. Y/n especially would come every time she had the chance, Madam Pomfrey had to threaten to hex her to get out sometimes"

I grinned, typical Y/n. 

"What happened to the stone?"

"Relax dear boy, the stone has been destroyed" Dumbledore said raising his hand "My friend Nicolas and I have had a little chat, and agreed it was best all around"

"But then Flamel- He'll die won't he?"

"He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order" Dumbledore assured sitting down on the bed in front of me. "But yes, he will die"

I looked down not knowing what to ask. Yet I had a hundred questions buzzing around in my head.

"How is it I got the stone sir? One minute I was staring in the mirror and the next-"

Dumbledore raised his hand to hush me

"Ahh you see, only a person who wanted to find the stone, find it- but not use it, would be able to get it." He lowered his voice "That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me, that is a something"

"Does that mean-? With the stone gone that is. That Voldemort can never come back?"

"Ahh, I'm afraid, there are ways in which he can return."

I looked down in disappointment

"Harry! Do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bare to have you touch him?"

I shook my head, no.

"It was because of your mother, she sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark."

I reached up to my scar

"No no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin."

"What is it?"

"Love Harry, love" Dumbledore grinned, ruffling my hair a little

"Ahh, Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans." He said picking up the box "I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one. And since then I'm afraid, I've lost my liking for them. But I think, it could be safe with a nice toffee"

Dumbledore carefully picked out a caramel coloured bean and placed it into his mouth. I smiled up at him.

"Mm, alas ear wax" 

He smiled one last time before leaving the Hospital Wing.

☾︎♥︎ఌ︎𓆉︎☀︎︎❦︎