Year 2: I'm Outta Here

Harry pov

I flopped onto my bed. I had made up my mind, I absolutely despised the Dursleys. Not that I didn't hate them enough before, but now I absolutely hate them. For starters they decided they didn't want Hedwig to be let out of her cage, not only that, but Hedwig not being let out, means I can't send letters to Y/n, Ron and Hermione. God knows what they're thinking right now. But a few days into the holidays, I stopped getting letters from all three of them. EVEN Y/n!

I wondered, were they mad at me for not sending letters back? Is that why they aren't sending any to me anymore? Or is it simply because they don't care?

I feel so helpless stuck here at the Dursleys. Hermione and Ron hadn't sent any letters to me these Holidays, but for the first two days or so I got two letters from Y/n, after that she just- stopped I guess...

I jumped of my bed and headed over to my dresser pulling out one of the two things keeping me sane at the Dursleys, Y/n letters. I went back to my bed and took a seat reading them inside my head, hearing Hedwig's constant cries to be let out. I had given up on trying to get her to be quiet she never listened, poor owl, those Dursleys were really evil.

Dear Harry

Hey Har, already missing me I see? We got home like what, 5 hours ago? And I already get a quite familiar white owl pecking at my window. Also I figured out that Hedwig likes carrots, which I find is weird for some reason, anyway I recommend you feed Hedwig carrots it'll come in useful when u want her to listen to you, your welcome.

Harry's agreed on getting Uno cards for me and him to play at home, so be ready Potter, I'll be ready when I'm back. I'm not sure you'll be a match for me. Speaking of Uno, if Dudley ever ACTUALLY hits you with a shoe after losing, oh its on sight. I'm not sure if DUDLEY will be a match for my karate chops.

I'm not having too much of a bad time here, but I still miss you guys ALOT. I can't wait for me and Harry to have our little dance battles again in his room after a whole year of not having them.

Don't worry Har, I miss you too, your not alone.

From,
Y/n

I loved her handwriting, I loved how she added a little loop on the y's and g's. I got up at carefully tied the red ribbon back onto her two letters and got out the photo album Hagrid got for me.

I turned to the first page to see my parents holding me as a baby, I smiled knowing I probably and hopefully made the two people who sacrificed their lives for me proud.

I turned the page to the second page to see the moving photo of Me, Y/n, Ron and Hermione chatting excitedly about something, now, these people were the people that had shown me true friendship, and were the heroes of my life. I really, really appreciated them. I also smiled at the part where Y/n started talking excitedly about something. I remember this very day, I remember how she was using her hands to emphasize, and her eyes glistening as she told us about a story from her childhood.

I turned the page again to see another picture, it was another moving picture of Me, Y/n, Hermione and Ron. This time we were grinning widely at the camera. I looked to the right of me in the photo to see Y/n smiling, I always found it cute how every time she smiled she would get a little dimple underneath her right eye. To the left of me was Ron, also grinning, with crumbs around the corners of his mouth, typical Ronald. Then to the right of Y/n was Hermione, her bushy hair sitting on her shoulders, smiling like normal Hermione.

Just then Hedwig suddenly let out a loud cry of protest and carried on with them earning another shush from me, this time it only got louder

"I can't let you out Hedwig, I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school"