Chapter 18

Justin

"How about this one?" My mom asked.

I looked her way and shook my head, "No it has to be the best present ever, it's our 6 month anniversary. That's half a year mom."

"I know honey I know." She pat my shoulder as we continued to walk through the store.

So it's about that time. Our sixth month is already here. Before either one of us know it it'll be our one year. I want to get him a present but a good one but also one I could easily top when our 1 year came along.

I scanned the shelves of this whole store and didn't find anything that'd do that. This is the sixth store we've been in today. I told Zayn I was going window shopping for more stuff for the apartment. I know my time is running out.

"Honey it's about that time we get out of here and head home. Window shopping doesn't take this long and Zayn knows that." My mom said.

"But mom." I started to whine.

I really wanted to get him the perfect present. I wouldn't be able to if we go home.

"I know honey I know but there's always tomorrow. Your anniversary is in 3 days, you have time." She said rubbing my back.

I scanned the store one last time to see if I skipped something, anything. I groaned then ran a hand through my hair.

"Alright let's go." I said.

She nodded and put her hand on my back as we left the store. We walked to her car and got in. We put on our seatbelts and headed to my apartment. We got there 30 minutes later. I took sadly took off my seatbelt.

"Honey don't worry, we'll find something soon. When we do it'll be more amazing than you want it to be." She smiled caressing my cheek.

I smiled also and hugged my mom, "Thanks mom, I really appreciate it." I smiled.

As she pulled away she pat my back and kissed my cheek. "Anything for you, now go on I'm sure Zayn is waiting for you." She smiled.

"I love you." I opened the car door.

"I love you too. I'll talk to you later." She said once she rolled down the window since I closed the door.

"Alright. Be safe." I waved.

She told me to also then drove off. I sighed and jogged up the steps to the front door. I walked into the corridor and saw the mailboxes.

Eh might as well.

I walked over to our shared mailbox and unlocked it. There were ads and a couple of mail for Zayn about.... Colleges?

Since when did he apply for college?

I closed and locked the mailbox back then went to the elevator. Pressing the up button the doors opened. I walked in and pressed our floor number.

Should I be nosey? No he's your boyfriend he'll tell you soon enough.

I sighed as the doors opened and walked out. Making contact between my hand and the mail I decided not to. I walked to our shared apartment and unlocked the door going inside.

"Zayn, babe?!" I called as I closed the door and locked the door back.

Three was no answer. I put the mail down on the stand by the door along with my keys.

"Zayn?" I called again taking off my jacket and walked back to our rooms.

I looked inside his and he wasn't there. He wasn't in the bathroom. Where the hell is this boy? I tossed my jacket into my room and walked back out to the living room.

Walking over to the patio door I heard someone talking. Almost in a whisper. I opened the curtain and saw it was Zayn. I know I shouldn't be nosey but I just can't help it. I moved closer to the door to here better.

"Yea I know." He said then paused. "Yea alright I got it I'll be there." Another pause. "Chill out ok I'll be there. I just gotta figure out what I'm gonna tell Justin." Another pause. "Yeah, yeah ok I gotta go I think he just got home." He said and hung up the phone.

I quickly went over to the hallway and pretended to walk into the living room as he walked inside.

"Hey boo." He smiled to me.

"Hey uh who were you on the phone with?" I asked nodding to the patio as I pushed up the sleeves of my sweater.

"Oh um my mom. Just nagging me about when I'm gonna go see her." He chuckled walking to the kitchen I followed him.

Why is he lying to me? Such a perfect time to be lying to me.

"Oh really?" I asked leaning against the counter.

"Yeah did you get the mail?" He asked.

"Yup sure did, you walked right past it." I said.

"Oh shit really?" He started laughing.

"Ha yup you sure did!" I said in the fakest tone ever. I know I'm acting like a girl right now but I don't like that he's lying to me.

He kept quiet as he walked over to the front door. "You didn't go through it did you?" He asked.

Should I tell him I know? No give him a chance.

"Nope just grabbed it and came up here." I sat on top the counter.

"Ok. Good." He whispered the last part.

Good? Good?! Ok what the fuck is going on?

"So babe I'm gonna go out tonight a few friends wanna meet up with me." He said looking through the mail.

"Oh really? Why don't I go with you?" I hopped down from the counter.

"N- no that's fine." He quickly looked up from the mail.

"Why not? Wouldn't you want your boyfriend there with you so I can meet these friends of yours?" I walked over to him.

"I- I do it's just this group of friends...... They- they're way too inappropriate for you to be around. Yeah they're not your kind of people." He said trying to convince himself and me.

"I can adjust to them. I mean that's what boyfriends do, they adjust for each other. But you wanna know what else boyfriends do?" I said my hand on my hip.

Zayn didn't try to make eye contact with me and when he did he quickly looked away, "W- what?"

"They don't lie to each other. They don't keep secrets so Zayn there anything you want to tell me?" I asked.

"N- no. Why would there be anything to hide from you?" He asked nervously chuckling.

"I don't know Zayn why don't you tell me." I said.

"There's not. Look babe you just can't come out with me tonight, ok? Please don't be mad." He said quickly.

Too late.

"When you come home don't come crawling in my bed, ok? Please don't be mad." I basically mocked him.

"Babe come on seriously?" He asked.

I pushed past him, "Pretty much. You can stop me from coming out with you, I can stop you from sleeping with me." I said walking back to my room.

"Babe!" He called after me.

"Have fun with your boys." Was all I said then slammed my door and locked it.

I can't believe he's actually lying to me. And I can't believe he really just banned me from going out with him. What's he hiding and why?