Chapter 2

Justin

I put on my beanie and grabbed my backpack. I went downstairs into the kitchen where my mom was making breakfast. Jazzy was eating cereal and Jaxon had his head down asleep. I chuckled.

"Morning honey, are you gonna eat breakfast?" mom asked.

"Morning, um I have to get to school to uh talk to a teacher." I shook my head.

"Alright well at least take something to go." she said.

I grabbed a waffle and kissed Jazzy and Jaxon's head. "Hey don't forget about your mama." mom said.

I went over and kissed her cheek, "I will never forget about you."

"Love you honey, have a nice day at school." she smiled.

"Love you too." I yelled to her as I left out the door.

I hopped on my skateboard and ate my waffle as I rode to school. I went to the side of the building.

"You're late Bieber." Chaz said.

"Yeah, sorry. Mom held me back for a couple of minutes." I said taking out my wallet.

"Just don't let it happen again, this one's $60." he said holding out the blunt.

"What? You charge me 50." I said.

"Yeah, the extra 10 is for making me wait longer than I should be." he said.

"Seriously?"

"Yup now either you want it or you don't." he said.

"Here." I handed him the 50 and 10.

He smiled and swapped with me, "Thanks, nice doin' business with you."

We both went our ways. I went to my usual spot behind the school. I lit the blunt and took a long swig of it.

Zayn

I put on my jacket and grabbed my books and went down into the kitchen. As usual I made my own breakfast and ate alone. After I was finished I put my plate in the sink and walked out the door. I putt in my headphones and rode my skateboard to school and walked in along with everyone else.

I kept my headphones in to avoid talking to anyone as I walked to my locker. I did my combination and opened it. I put some books inside, took some books out then went to first period. I sat in my usual seat in the back and put on my hood so my teacher couldn't see that I was listening to music. I pulled out my notebook and started drawing whatever came to mind.

~skipping to the last period of the day~

"Alright today I want you guys to complete a paper for the first 20 minutes of class then for the rest of the time you'll get together with your partners." Mrs. Armstrong explained as she passed out papers.

And that's what we did. When it was time to group up everyone found their partner. I went over to Justin.

"Hello partner." I sat in the seat in front of him.

"Hey." he did a small wave.

We both sat in awkward silence for 10 maybe 15 minutes while everyone else was having very productive conversations.

"Mrs. Armstrong what exactly are we supposed to be doing?" I asked.

"Just deciding how you guys will be completing the assignment. Possibly exchanging numbers and addresses so you could complete the assignment outside of school." she said.

I nodded and went back to fiddling with the piece of paper that was hanging off Justin's desk.

"Zayn, Justin come with me outside please." Mrs. Armstrong got up from her desk.

I furrowed my brows a little confused. But we obliged and followed her out the class. I pulled the sleeves of my hoodie past my hands and folded them over my chest.

"Alright I know the both of you like to keep to yourself and don't really like doing group activities and projects but how about we just give this a try. You both have things in common......I'm sure. So how about the two of you stay out here away from everyone and have your conversation?" She talked.

I looked at Justin and he shrugged. "I guess." I said.

"Great, well I'll leave you both to it." she smiled and nodded then went back into the classroom.

We sat on the bench closest to the classroom. It was silent for a little. I checked the time on my my phone. 15 minutes until school is over.

"Do you smoke?" he suddenly asked me.

"Sometimes. You?" I answered.

"Yeah, kind of everyday." he said. I nodded. "Wanna go smoke one real quick?"

"How? Knowing Mrs. Armstrong she'll come out to check on us." I said.

"Hold on." he got up and went to the classroom. He said something then came back. "As far as she knows we're in the bathroom."

I shrugged. "Aight." I got up and followed him to the back of the school. He sat in the grass and pulled out a blunt and a lighter. He lit it and offered me it.

"I don't smoke weed." I said taking out my own cigarette.

He nodded and lit it for me. I took a puff, "Thanks."

He nodded again and put away his lighter. For a couple minutes we sat smoking then he got up and handed me his blunt. He disappeared for a second then came back with a skateboard. He took his blunt back and started riding his skateboard around  as he smoked and did tricks.

"So how the hell are we going to do this project?" he asked.

"Well I can do the visual presentation." I said.

"I can help. I like to draw sometimes." he said.

"Alright. Well that's settled." I said putting out my cig.

"Where do you live?" he asked.

"On Kilamore lane. 5th house down." I said.

"No shit! I live on Kilamore lane, 6th house down!" he said a little excited.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah." he came back over.

"That's cool and makes getting this project done a lot easier. Hey we should get back now, 5 minutes." I said looking at my watch.

He nodded and we both got up and headed back to class. We exchanged numbers and ended up skateboarding home together.