Convincing

Bucky's POV
Delacroix, Louisiana

When I arrived back at the Wilson Family's Dock it was quiet since it was still pretty early in the morning. My heightened hearing picked up on sounds coming from inside the boat. I stood on the dock for a moment just taking in the quiet view of the Mississippi River and collecting my thoughts on the past few days before probably being bombarded with questions by Sam.

I walked down the stairs to where Sam was working on the engine. "Hey." I greeted him.
"Hey." He greeted back slightly confused "You're back. Where's Star?"
"She doesn't do manual labour."
Sam chuckled "Ok, well, you can push the stopper then." He said and I took over pressing down on it with the crowbar in my metal hand which allowed Sam to twist bolts with a wrench "Thanks."
"Yep."
"You gonna talk about it?"
"Nope."
"Fine. Start loosening those bolts." He ordered passing me the wrench.
"Got it." I said getting to work on the other side of the engine. I could feel Sam's eyes on me every so often as we worked but he eventually seemed to drop whatever he was thinking of asking me as we moved onto the next part of the boat which needed fixed.

"Okay, so there should be a 3/16 bolt that goes in the big gear." Sam explained.
"Nope." I told him flicking through the manual.
"What do you mean no? You didn't even look."
"I didn't have to." I argued having worked on the docks in the 40s.

Then, Sarah approached us looking very annoyed at Sam "I told you specifically that the water pump was not the problem, and yet, here you are."
"Yep, Samuel." I condoned.

"In our defence, we were supposed to be done long before you woke up, but this one went to New Orleans to see his girlfriend last night and arrived a little late this morning." Sam accused pointing his thumb at me.
"Don't start. And she's not my girlfriend." I muttered back to him shaking my head.
"But you want her to be." He argued.
"What are you, 12?" I asked exasperated.

Sarah also looked annoyed with Sam's segue although probably for different reasons "I don't come up to the sky to tell you how to barrel roll or whatever, so don't come down here and start messing around with things you clearly don't understand."
"Wow." Sam said feigning hurt.
"Bye."
"Wow." He repeated.
"Off. Thank you, gentlemen. Appreciate you. I love you, bro." Sarah said as we listened to her orders and walked away.

"She's a very mean person." Sam complained to me.
"It's tough love."
"No. If you did what I told you to do, we would have been done before any of this took place." He argued.

"Thank you."
"Whatever happened with Walker, it wasn't your fault. I get it. It's just, that shield's the closest thing I've got left to a family, so when you retired it, it made me feel like I had nothing left."