Showdown

3rd Person POV
New York City

Having returned to Brooklyn to begin making amends, starting with Yori, Bucky was first on the scene and in charge of co-ordinating with the NYPD whilst Sam flew up from New Orleans and Star flew in from California.

"I'm almost there." Sam told Bucky as he flew over the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges to Lower Manhattan where the GCR's HQ was located. Outside of said building, Bucky asked Sam "What's the plan?" over the comms.
"Karli's gonna be close. Keep your eyes open."
"Well, it could be anybody."

"Sergeant Barnes." An officer greeted moving to let the WW2 vet past the human barricade.

"And by the way, I filled Star in, just in case you didn't." Sam informed Bucky.
"I did." He muttered.
"I know - she told me. Well done, Buck, I'm proud of you."
"Shut up."

"Excuse me, sir. Are you supposed to be here?" A random man behind Bucky asked. He turned around to respond but was cut off by the man ripping off the prosthetic veil and beanie to reveal that it was actually Sharon, "It's me."
"Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?"
"Relax. No one's looking for me here." She replied pulling Bucky off to the side.
"Do I hear Sharon?" Sam asked over the comms link.
"Unfortunately." Bucky quipped.
"Hey, Sam. I thought I'd get the band back together."
"Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here."
"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway."
"Depends on the therapist." Bucky told her.
"They're gonna move on the building soon. Get ready." Sam told them.

"Hey where's Star?" Sharon asked the boys, looking around for her friend.
"She said she was coming - haven't heard if she's arrived yet." Bucky informed the older female ex-agent.

Unbeknownst to them, Star had arrived a short time before Sam and had made use of some ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who now work for the NYPD to gain access to the GRC HQ.

Blackstar had stocked up on all types of weapons, including the original tech Laurel's device was based off.

She had also already come across some of the Flag Smashers followers and quietly disposed of them. The next person Star came across was a lot stronger than the others - one of the Flag Smashers she realised when he easily destroyed her tech and defeated her. Luckily, someone came to her aid:

(A/n: Mia = Star, Laurel = Jace)

"What the bloody hell are you doing here? Thought you didn't want to be near government officials, Alec or Izzy?" Star shot at Jace.
"You're welcome." He deadpanned "See how useful this device can be? Especially against stronger opponents." Jace smugly pointed out and Star just rolled her eyes and walked away with the blonde super soldier following in frustration.

Meanwhile, Sharon and Bucky heard the loud screeching sound.
"What the hell was that?" Bucky asked completely confused.
"I'm not entirely sure, but I feel like it had something to do with Star." Sharon said recognising the sound slightly.

Not knowing if that was a good or a bad thing, Bucky immediately ran inside with Sharon hot on his heels and despite having an entirely metal arm, Bucky never set off the metal detector because vibramium wasn't detectable to it; however, Sharon's gun was. "Oops." she said as Bucky quickly looked back at her and the bleeping machine.

The former HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents soon saw Star and a tall, tattooed, blonde man walking in their direction whilst sniping at each other.
"Oh my God, that's..." Sharon said in shock recognising the man.
"Who? Who is that?" Bucky asked incredibly confused, concerned and maybe a tiny bit jealous.