Chapter 22

Hello duckies! Here's an update expect ALOT these next two days I want to make it to 1000 by my birthday which is the 26th so yippee. I love youu

Harry's POV

I dashed down the street, vision still blurred due to the copious amounts of alcohol I'd consumed through the day. However the only thing flowing through my veins was her. I could feel the need to see her and hear her push it's way from the back of my brain to the very front. So much so that I was afraid it was going to brush through the skin,  but I'd be okay with that because it'd be for her. I couldn't fathom it, I was suppose to be a quick in and out plan. Although things went the way they did, I couldn't help but send the greatest of thanks to the gracious being who put me on this path. It lead me to her.

The sliding doors didn't open fast enough for me which lead to me bumping my toe rather harshly. I received strange looks from the useless civilians standing around. I was here for a mission, I had to get her back.

My boots skidded and made loud clicking sounds as I ran aisle to aisle my heart beat excruciatingly loud. With each pump it furthered Piper into my veins and around my body.

Finally on the glorious aisle 12 I saw her. My heart shrunk a little once I took in her whole appearance, she looked small and hollow, tired and lifeless. My gaze traveled to her frail and shaky  fingers and how cautiously she examined the off brand box of cookies.

The hollow shell of the woman who owned my heart silently walked down the opposite side of the aisle away from me. Frozen in my tracks and unable to think, my heart slowing down reducing he amount if piper in my veins. I began to doubt my venture here, but quickly recovered with the flicker of hope that I could make  her better.

Apparently,  that's not how it was suppose to go, in midst of my endless thought provoking journey in my mind she'd approached me.

"Harry?" Her once full of life hazel eyes, now lifeless and unkind shone back at me. I blinked rapidly and my heart sped up, pushing her back into my veins as it should be. I ran a hand through my greasy hair and remained silence and we took in eachother for the first time in a while.

"Piper" her name breathlessly left my lips as I stepped closer to her.

Alarm flashed behind her eyes and I think almost instinctively she took a small yet noticeable step back.

Before I could protest or must less make any sound at all, small arms wrapped themselves around my thumping torso, and wet tears soaking soaking though the thin fabric of my shirt. I wrapped my arms around dher and lifted her up and let her cry into my neck.

My own tears soon accompanied hers in a salty sad mixture of despair.

I was slightly aware of the people walking around and the mumbles coming from them by payed no attention and kept my arms tightly locked around her.

I cooed sweet things in her ear until her sobs we reduced to small sniffles. She politely pulled back to wipe her runny nose on her jacket sleeve. A small smile brought it's way onto my face, cracking the dried tears that had stained themselves on my cheeks and lips.

"Let's go Pip." I spoke

She nodded and took my hand, leaving her filled shopping cart hehind as I left that crummy store with my mission furfilled and Piper not only by my side but in my veins.

*************

We arrived at the apartment and I apologized for the mess.

"It's alright, you never were a clean person when your upset anyway I'll  clean it later." Before I could protest she held her hand up to silence me.

I placed us on the couch and once again we returned to just staring at eachother.

"Harry, I'm sorry I never let you explain anything I shouldn't have just left and I shouldn't have let this effect us so bad." The way her lips formed and sent out each word left me wonderstruck, I found myself falling even more in love with the quirky red head  placed infront of me.

"It's not your fault, it's mine." The words left me so quickly, for that was the phrase I'd been dying to say ever since she left.

"We can talk about it tomorrow okay? Too much emotion today, let's not ruin it yeah?" I nodded and gathered her in my arms.

"Don't go again." I spoke my fear taking the best of me and the only way I'd be content was if I go a confirmation.

Her body shifted as she dug herself deeper into my side
"Don't let me go."

I loved writing this one of my favorite chapters yet ! I loved the little book title at the end it hurt my heart.

Vote, comment, and love yourself.

As always,

Much love,

-A xoxo