027

"ɪᴛ ɪs ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ғᴏᴄᴜs ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ

"ɪᴛ ɪs ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ғᴏᴄᴜs ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ."

-Aristotle

I ran after Clove as she took off in the direction of the screams. "Let me go!" The girl wailed loudly. "I know you are out there you piece of-" Clove and I arrived at the screaming girl as she stared us down. A smirk began to rise on her face. "I can't wait to see Clove kill you." She chuckled loudly, but it soon died down as no one bothered to move. "Clove? What are you waiting for? Hurry up and kill her and get me down." The trapped girl attempted to tug on the ropes to free herself, but it was no use. During her struggles Clove pulled out a knife from her variety of different shapes and sizes. The blade was small, but sharp. Depending on what way to go to kill someone, it would take quite a few tries.

"Well, you see Glimmer. The deals off. I'm not killing Marlowe." Clove took a step towards Glimmer and I could see in the struggling girl's eyes that she knew what was about to happen. "No one is killing her."

"Clove, stop this. We can talk about it. Don't you want to win? I can help you get rid of Cato. I know you want the pride in being the only victor. You want Cato gone so you can get all the glory, anyone with a brain would know that." Speaking of Cato, he had to be around here somewhere. If he were near, he would have heard Glimmer's screams and he was probably on his way here.

"I don't care about winning. What I care about is my girlfriend making it out of this alive." Girlfriend? My heart fluttered at her words, but I knew now was the wrong time to point it out.

"Girlfriend." Glimmer snorted. "You really think you both are going to survive. You can't kill Cato on your own and your little toy can barely defend herself."

"You see Glimmer, that's where you're wrong. I know Cato more than you ever will. I know all of his weakness' and I can take him out easily. After all I was trained to kill, and that's what I'm going to do." Clove spoke with venom in every word as she tauntingly walked closer and closer to the girl. "Marly, you should go." Clove turned to look at me over her shoulder before signaling me to leave. "Don't go too far though. You don't know what's out there."

"You be careful too."

I listened to what she said and walked through a gap in between the trees. I noticed the lack of wildlife that was around this area. There were no signs of any animals and the plants were starting to die off. Most likely the game makers doing. So far, the only noises that could be heard was the leaves crunching underneath my feet, no canons, and no screams. I was starting to get worried that something had happened to Clove. There was a chance that Cato could have come and snuck up on her and was now torturing her for leaving the pack.

I jumped at the sound of a loud, high-pitched scream and then a canon went off. I recognized the scream to be Glimmers so I could only hope that it was for certain her and not Clove. I waited impatiently for any signs of Clove whether it be footsteps or her voice.

I began to make my way back slowly and cautiously in the direction of where I had come from and then I heard some noises.

Footsteps rushed in my direction and hope filled inside me. Only it wasn't who I expected it to be.