Chapter 13 - The morning after

Ugh

It was past 12 when I woke up the next morning lying on a sofa in Elizas living room.

I lifted my head up to see where the others were but instantly regretted it because a searing pain in my head set in. I think it was safe to say I was more that a little hung over.

I heard movement behind me so pulled myself into a sitting position and noticed kim busy making coffee at the kitchen island.

I dragged myself off the sofa and over to a stool to talk to her.

"How long have you been up?" I ask her. She didn't look very hungover at all

"About an hour" she replies pouring both of us some coffee which I definitely needed

We all had that one friend in the group who always came to partys and had a great time but was more sensible and drank less that everyone else, and in our case it was kim.

I glanced around the see both Ally and Eliza still passed put on the floor.

This didn't surprise me both of them had continued to down glass after glass of drink long after Kim and I had had enough.

"I feel like we should wake them" I say a plan forming in my mind

"Yeah but how?" Says Kim a little skeptical

I give her a mischievous grin and slide off my stool and walk round to a cupboard and pulling out two massive water Jugs.

Her jaw drops "isn't that a little mean"

"Its there fault for drinking too much" I say simply

"True" she replies and comes over to help me fill the Jugs up with water.

It's safe to say that Ally and Eliza weren't pleased with the early morning shower we gave them, but it did wake them up.

We had breakfast before we all left Elizas House and headed home.

_________________________________________

It was just after 2pm when I made it back to our apartment I couldn't hear Jay but his trainers were by the door so I knew he was in.

I smiled to my self when I saw him.

He was sprawled out across the sofa asleep with milo on his bare chest

Damn I loved this man so bloody much.

I walked over to where he was and gently pressed my lips to his after a few seconds I noticed he was kissing me back so I broke apart and saw his handsome blue eyes staring up at me.

"Hey beautiful, good night?" he says with a smile

"Amazing" I reply "but telling you about it will have to wait as we need to get ready to go out"

He pulled a face before nodding his head.

Voight had agreed (rather reluctantly) to give the whole unit this morning off to recover from the party provided we worked with patrol in the evening doing crowd control at the bears game later the same afternoon.

We both had showers before pulling on our patrol uniform. It had been a few years since i had worn mine at it was a bit tight especially around the stomach but I put that down to one to many takeaways

"You should wear your uniform more often"says Jay with a smirk

"Thanks" I reply sarcasticly

"I'm serious you look great" he replys resting his chin on my shoulder "but I think i still prefer you with no clothes on" he tells me before kissing my neck and walking off.

Oh my god he was so annoying, teasing me like that right before we had to go somewhere. And he knew exactly what he was doing as well which frustrated me even more.

_________________________________________

We met the Sergeant Platt and the rest of the team at the stadium an hour before doors opened and were briefed on what was going on. She split me and Jay up putting us at two completely different locations (I'm pretty sure this was deliberate)

I ended up being partnered with Ruzek while Jay was with Antonio and Kim.

"Just how much of last night do you remember?" I ask him

"Errrr you know it's really weird, I'm normally pretty good with alcohol and it takes a lot to get me drunk but I woke up this morning with no memory of the party and a massive headache" he replies scratching his head.

"I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure the headache is not from the alcohol" I say trying not to laugh.

"What?" He asks confused

I was going to answer him but Sergeant Platt decided now is a good time to check on us.

"You two look like your up to something" she says accusingly

"No, come on sarge how long have you known me for" says Ruzek trying to brush her off.

"Thats my point, long enough to know your trouble" she replies bluntly

He nods his head in response, they obviously knew each other better than I thought.

"So Cooper I'll ask you, what are you up to?" She says turning to me.

"We were just discussing the parties from last night Sergeant" I tell her with a smile

"Who got the most drunk?"She asks us

"Out of my lot I was my best friend Eliza" I tell her "But out of the boys I'll let you be the judge of that" I say as I pull out my phone.

"What are youn doing?" Says ruzek confused

"I received a video from a very drunk Jay last night which will most likely explain your headache" say laughing

While they watch the video I watch Adams face change from confusion to laughter to shock and to pain all in the space of a couple of minutes

"Of all the silly things you have done" says Platt. I can tell she's trying hard not to laugh

"I definitely don't remember that" replys Ruzek "and if anyone else sees that video I swear to god I'll..."

"No you won't" interjects Platt "You should have a go at Halstead not Cooper he's the one who filmed it after all"

He looks at me pissed off before cueing his radio

"Halstead you are such a dick"