Chapter Thirty-Three

2021 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Unedited, first draft

Chapter Thirty-Three

Week Nine

Friday

"Let's do something." I turned my head slightly up to Griffin as I laid in the crook of his arm. We were on the couch in my basement, watching TV. I had the day off before I worked all weekend.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Something fun?"

Silence.

I glanced up at him again and realized he was looking at his phone, his eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" I questioned his expression.

"Bowling, movies, go for walk, board games, or we could do axe throwing?"

"Really? Axe throwing?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, there's a place where you can do escape rooms and axe throwing. Looks pretty cool actually." He replied. "I think you need a group of 10 though."

"Hm." I responded. "What do you feel like doing?"

"Let's go get lost in the woods." His eyes sparkled with mischief.

"The point of that is to go on a walk rather than get lost. Besides, it's a little cold for that. It's already late in the day and it'll only get colder."

"Bowling it is." He abruptly stood up and I fell into the couch pillows.

He turned around and held out his hand to help me up.

After we made it to our lane with our bowling shoes, Griffin went to get a pitcher of beer from the bar. He also brought back bowl of popcorn for us to snack on. He poured me a beer and handed it to me. I hesitated.

"One of us needs to drive." I told him.

"One pitcher and by the time we finish our game, we will be sober." He countered.

I accepted the beer and took a sip. He came over and sat next to me in front of the monitor. "You put my name as Grif?"

I shrugged, "I didn't feel like putting your full name? You're up first."

As we played, Griffin played much better than I did. I bowled many gutter balls. Whenever I pouted over the gutter ball, Griffin kissed me. It made me want to roll more, but he told me he would give me a surprise if I managed a strike.

Once I did, I strolled up to him confidently. "Tell me, Mister Hawkins. What is my prize?"

He smirked and leaned into my ear. He whispered several things that he planned to do when we were alone and I could feel my face heat up. He kissed my cheek quickly and went to grab a ball for his turn.

"That... is very inappropriate." I responded.

He howled, "That was the intention, baby." He smiled and rolled his ball.

At the end of the game, Griffin beat me. It didn't matter though, I had fun.

"Dare to go cash in your prize?" I shivered as his hot breath hit my ear.

"Yes." I stated simply and he laughed.

Week Ten

Monday

"Cay!" I heard from behind me as I was walking to my car after my shift. I turned around and saw Harley running towards me. "I was hoping to catch you before you left work."