Chapter Thirty-Five

2021 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Unedited, first draft

Chapter Thirty-Five

Week Ten

Saturday

"Alright, where are we going?" Kirsten asked as she applied lipstick. She smacked her lips and puckered to make sure she applied it well.

I checked my phone. "Kent Brewery," I told her. "Griffin is meeting us there with some friend of his."

"Okay, I also invited a few other friends and I think Kimmy invited some people to meet us there too." She adjusted her dress. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she wore a tight, neon pink dress. As I stared at her, I couldn't help but to think that my best friend was gorgeous.

"How do I look?" She inquired as she put her hand on her hip.

"Stunning. As usual." I retorted.

"Good." She tossed her hair over her shoulders and re-examined herself in the mirror. "That's the point."

Kirsten stared at me in the mirror for a moment, and then turned towards me. "Your outfit needs something." She cocked her head to the side.

Suddenly, she snapped her fingers and her eyes lightened with excitement. "That little black dress needs a bold, red lipstick." She began to look through her lipstick

I stood and looked at myself in the mirror. I wasn't entirely happy with my appearance these days, but I thought I looked decent tonight. Just as Kirsten said, I had on a little black dress that came up to mid-thigh. Accentuated with various black sequin and lace across the bodice.

My hair was up, with varying strands falling around my face. I wore black high heels. I also had on a little make up-eye shadow, mascara and some light blush.

Kirsten was right though, the outfit needed a bold color to accent. What better than a red lipstick?

Kirsten found the color she was looking for and quickly applied it to my lips. She made me rub my lips together before she stood back and took in my face.

"Well?"

"Perfection." She told me. There was nothing quite like a best friend that was well-versed in words of support and raising up her fellow woman. Kirsten knew how to appreciate both sexes. As long as you were a good person, she would support you. Even if she didn't know you.

"Thank you." I smiled at her. "Is Kim meeting us there?"

"Yep! Let's head out." She said as she grabbed her purse.

She tossed the red lipstick into her purse. "In case Griffin messes it up." She winked at me and headed for the door.

It hadn't crossed my mind that I would be kissing Griffin. The lipstick would not last.

As we made it to the bar, I sent a text to Griffin to let him know we were there. Kirsten and I were carded before we entered the bar. It was basic knowledge that when you entered the bar, the first thing you did was get a drink. We bee-lined it for the bar.

While Kirsten and I chatted, a pair of arms wrapped behind me from behind. I froze in fear.

"Hello, gorgeous. I saw you from across the bar. I just had to come over and meet you." Griffin's sultry voice said into my ear. I relaxed immediately.

Turning around in his grip, I wrapped my arms around his neck. His cologne smell wafted into my nose and I breathed deeply. He smelled delightful. He looked good too.