Chapter 17: Garden of Death

*Elena's POV*

Slowly and gradually I began to regain my senses. I opened my tired eyes to find myself in a completely different place, which I wasn't familiar with at all. I looked around alertly, seeing only one color everywhere.

Red.

I was sprawled on a red bed with red silk sheets, in a room with red curtains and a fiery red carpet piece. The wood used to make the floor and walls was a dark chesnut brown. All of a sudden the panic began pulping in my veins, realizing the dreadful fact that the Prince of Fire had stolen me, and brought me to his little coven. That sick bastard. 

I looked down to see myself in a long red dress. Who had done this to me? Was this a dream? Nothing was clear to me until I heard a loud knock on the door, bringing me back to reality. 

I almost jumped as I heard the knocking sound grow louder. Someone clearly wanted to come inside... was it the Prince of Fire? Was he going to kill me? Yup, he definitely was going to slaughter me and feed my meat to his fire dragons or whatever. 

Stay calm, idiot. Thinking of death at this point certainly isn't going to help. I needed to look composed and collected, that way the bastard wouldn't be able to take advantage of my fear or weakness. 

"I-I'm not scared of you! Do you hear me?! I don't fear you!" I screamed out loud for him to hear. I came closer to the door, waiting for a reply.

"Ma'am the Prince has a letter for you... I-I'll j-just come back later...sorry." Came a little scuffled voice from the other end of the door. It was probably one of his servants.

Great job, Elena. You sure scared the poor servant.

"B-bring it in." I spoke calmy. 

The door knob twisted slowly and a  young thin girl with greyish hair and green eyes entered, quickly handing me a fiery red envelope and leaving immediately, not even willing to make eye contact. 

Wow, the bastard's servants were actually so intimidated by his power that they didn't even have the guts to look at his guests, or shall I say hostages?

My heart raced as I opened the lacy envelope. Inside was a thin piece of paper with a delicate and suave font of writing, which was inked in red. Perhaps the ass hole used blood to write? Isn't very hard to believe anyways...

Fire awaits you in the Garden of Death at midnight. Let a servant lead you there. It shall without doubt be to your disadvantage if you don't arrive. Let a hint be given; I will kill you. 

My heart raced as I read the letter in whispers. I inhaled sharply, storming my brain with confusions. Why did he want to meet me? And most of all, why was he so rude? Oh wait, he hated Ethan, who was half of me and I of him. 

Ethan.

As soon as I thought of his name, tears filled my eyes. I already missed him. I felt so hopeless, weak and helpless without his strong aura clouding over me. I missed his scent, which was a mixture of white pepper and lavender, and I missed his dimple on his left cheek, no matter how much he denied he had it. 

If only he knew where I was. He would've definitely killed the Prince of Fire by now, only if he knew. It was pointless to dream at his time. I had to think fast about what was going to happen next. 

Could I possibly run away? 

Of course, only if you weren't stuck in the middle of the fucking sky. 

*Knock knock knock* I jumped at the loud noise. 

"W-who is it?'' I knew better than to shout about my strength this time.