Chapter 16: The Bleeding Moon

*Elena's POV*

"Elena?" I heard Ethan's deeply rough voice call out.

It was the cry of the night. Perhaps it was 1:00 AM.  I was laying in Ethan's arms,  trying to sleep but sleep just wasn't ready to welcome me.  My mind kept on rummaging over The Prince of Fire, and how he was going to steal me. 

"Hmm?" I replied, still distracted

"You do realize I can read your mind, kitten?" He sexily asked

I instantly blushed at him calling me 'kitten'. It immediately trailed my thoughts back to the forest, when he would tease me and call me things like 'kitten' and 'princess'. 

"Don't worry about me Ethan, go to sleep"

He quickly got up on his elbows to look at me straight in the eyes. Ethan ran his hands through my hair softly, frowning at me.

"Of course I'm going to worry about you! Do you seriously think I'm going to let your thoughts eat you away?" He angrily said

Instead of intimidating me, I couldn't help but giggling a little. But of course it deepened his frown further.

"Why're you laughing?" He questioned, furrowing his dark, thick, sexy, oh-so-perfect, ridiculously intimidating and handsomely shaped eyebrows.

I really need to stop drooling over every little perfection of his, it's making me feel pathetic.

"Why don't you figure out by reading my mind, Prince I-Can-Do-Everything?" I irritatedly spoke

He let out an attractive thunderic laugh, making the butterflies in my stomach flutter crazily.

"Actually, you're somehow blocking me out of your thoughts right now, beautiful."

"You're trying to say that I can block you out?!" I excitedly asked

I could really use this against him at times when I really need to... like when I'm obssessing over his chest...

Oh that beautiful hard, rocky chest...

I was rudely interrupted by his amused snickering.

"What now?" I snapped angrily.

"It's funny how I get to know when you're admiring my body but you don't, when I'm admiring yours" Ethan arrogantly admitted in a slow tone.

The heat rose instantly to my cheeks.

"You filthy cheater! You said I was blocking you out! I hate you!" I punched his chest several times in fury but he looked unfazed by my several attempts to hurt and hit a rock.

Instead, the ass hole of a prince was laughing.

"No one can block me out princess, I'm darkness, the only thing which the evil-doing soul is too weak to resist." He spoke arrogantly.

"Just go to sleep already." I huffed.

He responded by a chuckle and grabbed me swiftly, blanketing his strong aura over me. I placed my head on his arm and snuggled further into his chest. The rhythmic movement of his chest, caused by his breathing turned my insides hot and mushy. He was too perfect for his own good. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep in Ethan's arms.

"Fire awaits you, dark angel"

A slithery and rough voice called out to my mind. All my sensed woke up immediately.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I telepathically responded with fear.

"I am the vermillion fire that awaits to devour the innocence of your soul. Indeed, I am the Prince of Fire."

My heart was skipping rapid beats. He was finally here.

" You do realize that if the Prince of Darkness finds out you're trying to corrupt my mind, he'll kill you, right?"  I threatened

"Oh love, Darkness is weak tonight. Don't you know? His powers sleep for only one night out of thousands? And that is tonight, when the eclipse is out and mighty." I heard him laugh deepily.

"What are you talking about? I don't underst-"

"Look outside. The full moon is bleeding tonight, it's an eclipse."

He heavily taunted.

My feelings were mixed with racing fear and confusion. His style of speech was simply frightening, and I was betting on the little courage I had left that he would look much scarier than he sounded.

"I'm going to possess you; it's time for your beautiful soul to meet the evil fire that anticipates to burn you"

And before I knew it, a strong force  struck me right in the soul, causing my senses to collapse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Sorry for the long wait!
If you haven't already, VOTE NOW!
Enjoy xxx

=Cookie Dough