Chapter 7: Slashes and Tears

He was gone.

He just left me.

He left me crying helplessy.

He's never going to come back.

And me being the fool I am thought that he would stay.

My dress was all torn up by wandering in the woods all night searching for him as if he was going to show up. I was tired of crying and my cheeks had turned hard because of all the dried tears left upon them. 

My voice was completely cracked due to screaming helplessy and I was certainly losing my mind.

It's almost like ever since I've seen him, he has gotten me possessed.

"Ethan please..." I croaked, crying once again. I was unable to finish my sentence because my voice was dying out and my vocal cords were on fire.

"I know...I know you love me. Remember you'd always tell me the same thing? Well I miss that Ethan... no matter how annoying you were, I miss you." I muttered, he couldn't hear me anyways.

I waited desperately for the silent night to pass by. It is amazing how just a few hours ago, he was with me, kissing me, and now he's gone.

Just.like.that.

I sighed and layed on the edge of the tree, trying very hard to get my mind off a particular tall, intimidating, ridiculously good-looking, powerful and supernatural boy, but right after two minutes I remembered him again and ended up crying myself to sleep.

"You're so stupid Elena! What were you thinking? That we're going to sit on a horse and ride off into the sunset together?" his strong voice pierced through my heart.

"Ethan, no please..." I cried helplessly at his cruel words.

He gripped both my shoulders with his hands roughly and stared at me with raging eyes.

"I never loved you. You're just a weak and over-emotional bloody human." he says while clenching his jaw tightly.

I closed my eyes shut, letting the tears fall. His words were deadlier than venom.

"You...you don't mean anything you're saying" I denied,  shaking my head fiercely and crying even harder.

"Nobody loves you. Your parents never loved you, your ex-boyfriend hated you and I despise you too. Why don't you just die, Elena?" He whispered in my ear.

"Stop! Please stop! I-I-I can't take it anymore." I choked on my tears.

"Then kill yourself... everyone will be happy." He coldy stated.

"Come on you filthy coward! Kill yourself!" He screamed in my face.

His words knocked some realization into me. He was right, no one loves me anyways.

And then the pits of darkness engulfed me completely.

I quickly woke up and sprang to the ground. I rubbed my eyes and took in my surroundings, the sun was shining brightly. I trembled in fear recalling the horrible dream that I had.

Life possibly couldn't get any worse. I made a big mistake by running to the woods.

Maybe taking a shower would relax my brain a tiny bit. I quickly grabbed some clothes and ran towards the lake, stripping my clothes off and jumping into the warm sun-kissed water.

If he was here right now, he'd probably be making funny comments of how "good" my ass looks.

I sighed sadly and closed my eyes. After my bath I put my clothes on and sat by my tree, just thinking too myself.

Suddenly I spotted a sharp wooden twig laying on the ground.

What if I-

NO.

My brain shot at me.

No but just a little scratch wouldn't-

NO.

I didn't care what my brain was saying right now, I just wanted to get my mind off of all the things going on right now.

I quickly grabbed the sharp-pointed twig and slashed it against my wrist. Pools of blood started making its way out of my skin. I winced in pain but at the same time it felt like one problem had just dropped off my shoulder.

One for my parents being nothing but liers.

I told my self and slashed my arm again with the twig, letting the blood dance its way out.

One for dating a boy who I thought  I would get married to but turned out to get cheated by.

I slashed again, making puddles of red liquid pour out now.

One for running away.

Another slash.

One for falling for a stranger in the woods.

I slashed very hard this time, making me scream in agony.

And one for letting him go.

I slashed my wrist for the last and final time, letting the red pools of blood paint my white tank top completely. 

And then the pain and regret filled over me completely. I was wrong, it might have eased away my pain for a few seconds, but now I was just sitting on the end of a tree, with a bleeding arm and streams of tears kissing my face.

Oh Ethan, how helpless and vulnerable am I without you?

I might as well just kill myself.

Looking at my bleeding arm, I slowly got up and walked towards the lake. Choosing every single step I took very carefully. As I reached the lake, I took my shoes, blood-covered tank and blue denim jeans off. Now I was just standing in front of the lake, in my bra and underwear. I took a deep breath and walked in the lake, I didn't swim however... I just kept on walking into the lake; letting the water level get higher and higher up my body.

I just wanted it to cover my body completely.

I just wanted to drown.

And in a matter of seconds, the water filled over my head completely and I was drowning. The air was trapped in my lungs and I couldn't breath at all.

A few more minutes and it will all be over.

I chanted to myself. I could feel my face getting bluer and I was suffocating terribly. The life was slowly squeezing its way out of my body.

It will be over very soon.

I struggled to keep myself in the water, I just needed to drown.

I was literally living my last seconds when two strong hands gripped my tightly and threw me roughly out of the lake.

I coughed and choked on the water, barely able to lift my eye-lids.

Then the anger overtook me. Who in their right mind would save me on my last second? My eyes snapped open and I gasped.

No way.

The Prince of fucking Darkness is at my rescue.

-------

Waddup readers? This is a really long and depressing chapter, I know. I just wanted to describe her emotions sooo yea.

Q1: Do you think how Elena reacted was wrong or over-emotional?

Q2: What were your thoughts on Ethan saving her? Do you think I brought him back too soon?

Please answer these questions by commenting below. I'm only updating because of the support I'm getting from you. :)

Ciao for now.

~Cookie Dough~