chapter 59

Tuesday morning

My life has returned back to how it used to be before the chrismas holiday, the only constant thing is how my mood is always alternating from insanely happy to depressingly moody, it all departs on how far my "arch enemies" are willing to push me to the wall.

Last night, I had to endure Tochi's presence and stupid goody-two-shoes chattering without pulling of my hair.
He started troubling me the moment I stepped in through the door to see him sitted with my family, with the exception of Ikenna.

'Hey corazon, you're back'
His smug smile made me reply rather rudely despite my parents presence

'No I'm still at the Buckingham palace'
He laughs off my reply as a joke despite knowing it not, trying to play the role of an understanding cousin

'Amsie!' Mom's disapproval is very evident and even dad looked the same.

Idiot Tochi....... he loves doing this

'And where are you coming from?'
Dad asked
It exactly thirty minutes after six in the evening which is past the curfew time he set for Soma and i

'I went to the park and lost track of time'
Not exactly a lie if you ask me....... just an half truth.

'Try to be home on time next time'

'Yes daddy!'
I turn towards the stairs but obviously, Tochi wasn't done with me.

'Aren't you going to have dinner, the table is set already'
His teasing smile didn't leave his face
'Moreover we have lots of catching up to do'

'Thanks but I will pass, I have better thinks to do than waste my time on idle talks.........'

Catching up my foot! We have nothing to talk about and even if we do, what so eventful in the one week gap he gave before coming into my life again.

'Go and freshen up then come down for dinner........ i won't permit you being disrespectful and uncultured to your brother'
Mom cuts me off with a stern warning.

'But mom......'

'You will do as your mother said and apologise as well......... i don't know what has gotten into you all of a sudden'
Dad supports with an annoyed look on his face.
Clearly both my parents didnt like the tone I used on Tochi, expecially since he sounded polite and enthaustic about "catching up"

My glare hardens at him but there is nothing since I'm left with no choice.

'I have physics assignments.........'

'On the first day of the term, that very unseeming but I can help If you want, you know physics was my best subject in secondary school'