chapter 75

While I was in the park, I had enough time to think and come to what I thought was a sensible conclusion.

Simply tell the truth

My conscience haven't been in peace ever since Ashley showed us those papers from Bobby 's diary......... it felt like I had been lying and cheating her by pretending not to know the truth, I've been feeling heavy and scared of the day she'll find out the truth.

That I knew about Bobby all along

That my brother is also in the same cult group as Bobby and the leader for that matter.........

I also found myself feeling partly responsible for his death even though I had no hand in it  but knowing the killer and knowing he's so close is as good as being guilty myself.

'I have a confession'
The three of them exchange glances.

'A confession?'
They echoed together.

I nod in reply taking a deep breath.

'I knew......... I knew about Bobby long before he died....... I knew what he was from the very  first day I saw him at the game house'

An just like I predicted, all of there expression changed but none hurt me as much as the look of betrayal and anger shining in Ashley 's eye towards me

'You knew!'
Accusation was clear in her voice and I knew it will only get worse when I tell her the whole truth but that didn't stop me

**************

I handed his helmet back to him and he took it without a single word, we haven't said anything to each other since we left the park on his bike and even as I tried to read his expression, I couldn't tell what on his mind.

Why can he just say something?

'You must also be thinking I'm the worse friend on earth'
I couldn't bear the silence, usually he would have told me exactly what going on in his mind but he had been unnecessarily quiet which pushes me to think he doesn't want to hurt me with his view.

'I can only make my conclusion after you've answered my question'
He answers curtlh

'Your question? What question?'
I asked wondering what he might want to ask me.

Why didn't you tell her the truth?

Why did you keep it hidden from her?

Those were the questions I expected but I obviously wasn't going to have it easy and I should have known that

'You know who murdered him'
It wasn't a question.......... it was a statement of fact which he himself was convinced of........... I was thrown off balance for a while at his deduction.