chapter 5

Never beg to be loved, love comes of it own will and can not be forced

I found Tega laying on the three sitter chair in the palour with is feet wrapped in bandage.

Fear shoot through me, I dropped my bag and rushed to his sleeping form.

'Thank God say you don come' I look up to see Aunty Emen joining me with a plate of fruits

'What happened'

'I dey for my room when I hear say person dey scatter something for kitchen, I think say na soma sef but as the noise come continue na im I come check see as na Tega, he don finish to dey break all the plates wey dey kitchen'

Oh no

'I try stop am but he no gree, na only you e dey listen to' she continues .

'So he injured himself in the process' I completes her story.

'Ehn.... he March the glass wey dey for floor' I close my eyes, trying to digest what happened and keep calm.

'Where's soma' she ought to look out for him when I'm not around, Aunty Emem is far to busy to that.

'That one...' she hiss 'she just dey dey vex for the boy like person wey evil spirit possess, she even shout on top him head before she commot for house'

Just imagine

I know she also have a life of her own but Tega his her brother as well and she has responsibility towards him.
Every one tends to ignore him and pretend he doesn't exist just because they don't want to deal with him, it pains me a lot to see how nonchalant they act towards him despite the fact that we are family, we ought to stand with each other during our trying moments.

Who am I to blame anyone when mom and dad are not showing good examples as well.

'I don clean him wound but make you check am again , give am this fruit make him chop' she hands me the plate of fruit.

'Thank you ' my voice comes out in a whisper, I'm trying my best not to break down and cry . Aunty Emem pats my shoulder in support.

'Na only you im get, take care of am'
I couldn't help the single tear that ran down my cheek.

I carries Tega back to his room, grabbed the first aid box and cleaned his wounds again to avoid infection, helped him freshen up and change into a pair of new clothes before forcing him to eat his fruits which he didn't reluctantly.
Few minutes later, I finally coaxed him to sleep before leaving his room.

I was busy on my laptop trying to complete my cisco project design when soma got back from where ever she had gone to, she went straight to her room without a word to anyone.

'Go talk to your sister, be like say something dey worry her' Aunty Emem advice.

'She'll be alright' I know it has to do with kelvin and there's no way she'll listen to what I have to say so why bother and even get insulted in the process.

'Hmmmm....... no talk like dat, I don notice say she no dey happy since I come back, she be your sister so go talk to am'

She has has a point there