chapter 120

I closed my eyes and deeply inhaled the fresh smell of nature, everything around here is so quiet and peaceful that I just want to stay forever, far away from everyone and their baggage of troubles.

But that's one dream that won't come true

My legs dangles playfully in the gentle flowing river, enjoying it warmth and coolness against my skin and it felt so very refreshing.

'Don't tell me that apart from being "wonder woman" you're also "a little mermaid".
It's so unfair that I have to find out all this things all by myself, I thought friends don't hide stuffs from themselves'

My heart skipped on hearing his voice.

I mean apart from the voice being so familiar, he's the only person who would say something so stupid

'Philip!'
I turn back to see him standing arms akimbo behind me.

'In flesh and blood'
He replies in his favourite phrase, making me almost laughed but I didn't.

'How did you know where to find me?'
I had walked away from the camp after what I did to MM, initially I didn't know where I was going or in what direction I was heading, I was just walking mindlessly, disregarding the warning at the back of my mind to stop and turn back. I just wanted to be alone at that moment and then fortunately I came across this small river and that marked the end of my endless journey, otherwise, I might have gone deeper and probably miss my way and get missing for real.

'I didn't know where to find you, I was just searching blindly and luck seems to be on my side as always'
He must have been worried about me just taking off like that, I waited, expecting the scolding and berating talks that would come next but none came to my suprise

'Can I?'
He asked, clearly wanting to join me.
I nod knowing I have no right to stop him, the river is not my personal property and even if it is, I can't say No to him.

He came and sat right next to me, rolled up his trousers to his kneels before dipping his leg in like me.

'Wow! So cool'
He moans, this time I couldn't fight the smile because he sounded so much like a child who just got gifted with a jar filled with his favourite flavour of cookies, he reminded me of Tega
'This place is officially my best place here'

'No! I got here before you so it mine not yours'
I suddenly felt protective of this place I have discovered all by myself and I'm not going to share that privilege with him but he remained adamant.

'It doesn't matter who got here first, I claimed it first so it mine not yours'
He argues in an annoying voice and then both of us started a battle of words to prove who truly deserve to call it "my place"

'You know what? I could just push you down here to drown to your death and no would ever find out about it'
I threatened but he only laughed not taking me serious.

I sigh, the boy never takes me serious but he could just pretend to do so for my sanity and happiness still he won't, that's Philip for you.

After a while he made me concede to the fact that it now "our place" and I had to grudgingly accept since he had worn me out with his argument, you can never win against him due to his obstinate nature.