chapter 117

I came back home bubbling with excitement, it was very late and Philip couldn't bring me on his bike so he got me an uber and paid my fare, then he made me share my trip with him so he'll know I'm safe.

Ashley and Afra had given me a thousand missed call already which I didn't notice until during the ride home because my phone was miraculously on silence, I didn't return them until I got home despite my eagerness to full them in.
There is so much I have to tell them and I really don't even know where I should start from in particular.

Spending the day with Philip was far more interesting and fun than I had expected, we laid side by side his bed, holding hands, talking and laughing like silly gossip girls for hours, I found his childhood photo album on his shelf but he won't let me see the pictures because he claims to be too "embarrassed" so I threatened to break his other arm which left him with no choice than to grant my wish.
I must confess! he looked really cute and handsome even as a kid, he and his brother took there mom's straight pointed noise and she is an epitome of beauty, we talked so long about many things but he avoided bringing up the topic concerning the question I asked, in fact it was obvious he didn't want to talk about it and I also didn't push it even though I was a bit disappointed.

I also got to know how he got into an accident. it happened the same night I sent him the text, that was three days ago, just moments after he sent me his reply, saying we should meet at the park the next day to discuss it.
He went out late at night to get a new set of painting brush from a nearby mall, on his way back a car was trying to avoid collision with another car, then the driver realized too late he was heading towards a ditch and swerves so suddenly, bumping into his bike and he got thrown into the gutter.

Luckily he didn't sustain that much injury because he had his helmet on but his bike got a ugly dent and had to be taken for repair.
To cut the long story short, he couldn't inform me that same night and he forgot to cancel the plan until he saw my call while he was at the hospital with his father to get an X ray done for his head.
It was a big case of misunderstanding on my part and I couldn't stop apologizing to him, I was busy being unreasonable when he needed me and I understand why he must have felt so hurt by my behaviour. I would have felt the same if it were me.

Aunty Emem waited up for me till I got back, I found her sitting in the palour in her night gown.
'Why you come late like this now?'

'I'm so sorry ma, there was traffic'
I lied smoothly, how could I have told her I lost track of time while visiting a boy... She's would have reported me for it.

'Okay ooh, thank God say you reach home safely, go baff and food dey inside kitchen for you'
She got up to leave for her room with a tired yawn

'Nah! I'm not hungry'
Philip forced me into eating the reminder of the lemon cake with him which made me so filled up.

'Na you know, goodnight'
She yawn again, walking away after giving instructions for me to put out that the lights, I did just that, put the food she left me in the freezer and went after her to my room, Ashley's message came in the same minute

Ashley :bitch where are you? i've been calling you for ages

Me : just getting home now, sorry about that

Ashley : whatever, so how did it go?

Me : positively well