Chapter Forty-Nine

AN: Hey guys! So here it is, there's a LOT of stuff going on in this chapter. Oh and also, I've kinda started on the other book about the MCU that I'm planning on writing. I still completely haven't figured out all the little things about it but I've done most of the brainstorming and I've written a part of the prologue so that's that. I'm super excited about the at but also a bit sad that we're almost done with this one. Anyway, I hope everyone has fun reading this and also has a great weekend.

The fog was heavy. So heavy that she could barely see her hand when she held it up in front of her.

There was a silence like never before. But through the silence, there were still eerie whispers. Whispers that felt as if they were crawling over her skin, sending a shiver down their spine.

The green fog was back and stronger than ever. The fog was spinning around them, surrounding the ship in an ominous glow.

Madelyn stood beside Caspian and Drinian while Edmund and Lucy were a bit further on the ship. Something made her wish she was standing by him though.

The crew stood ready with their weapons pointed in front of them. Some started laughing and speaking to the fog in front of them. It was odd and nothing felt right.

"The fog's too thick," Drinian said, trying to squint to see through it.

But Caspian barely heard the man, focused on the fog that seemingly spoke to him.

Madelyn stood there looking around, seeing all the men around her seemingly hallucinating.

"Madelyn," That voice. She closed her eyes, slowly starting to shake her head in dread.

"No..." She said, under her breath and although she didn't want to, she turned to the man she dreaded more than anyone in the world.

"Stop." She said, closing her eyes.

She hoped that when she opened her eyes again, he would be gone. But when she opened them, he was still there.

"Go away!" She said louder than before.

"Hey!" Caspian's voice broke through her hallucination, bringing her back to reality. A reality where there was no Miraz.

Caspian looked at his cousin in concern as she looked around herself, searching for someone who was no longer even alive.

"Are you okay?" She looked at him with confusion in her eyes, nodding anyway.

"I'm fine." She said, giving him a small reassuring smile.

As she said that, the silence on the ship was broken by a scream.

"Keep away!" Madelyn's eyebrows furrowed as she rushed over to the side of the ship to look for the source of the shouts.

Through the fog, however, she could barely see a thing.

"Keep away!" Everyone heard, trying to look over the edge.

The man shouted over and over telling them to stay away.

"Who's there?" Asked Edmund in a loud voice, leaning over the edge.

"We do not fear you." Caspian said calmly from beside her.

"Nor I you." Claimed the man. The voice seemed to be coming from a rock in the ocean only a bit away from the Dawn Treader.

Suddenly, a light cam from the ship. Madelyn looked over to see that Edmund had turned on his flashlight, shining it out to see the man.

Not too long after, they found the man who stood on the rock. His eyes were wild and his clothes tattered.