Chapter 33

Leah

I woke up with Trey’s arms around me it felt good to have him here again. I slowly removed his hands from around me, I didn’t want to wake him. I went to shower and get dressed I had a lot to do today. I decided that I would like to start a clothing line, something to get my mind off of everything that is going on around me. I was meeting today with my designers to see what vision for the line I really wanted. I wanted a women’s clothing line to cater to everyone. Skinny women, plus-size women and even those who are “in between”. I’m sure my line would be a sure money maker. When, I got out of the showering and getting dressed Trey was already downstairs making breakfast like he always does. He finished made me a Spanish omelet and slid on light blue plate and put it in front of me. As I ate it burned the inside of my mouth I didn’t mind it just tasted so good. “What are you doing today” he asked me. “I was going to meet up with a few designers to talk about what I intend to do for my clothing line.” I said. “Really, you’re bringing out a clothing line.” He said. He said it in a surprised way. “Yeah, it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.” “Well, I hope you get a lot done today and I hope its good.” He said. I flashed him a thank you smile. “What about you” I said. “My mumma and my little bro are in town this week so I’m meeting up with them to talk about his sweet 16 party” he said. “Oh, that’s pretty cool” I said. “Leah, I know this on short notice but I was wondering if you would be able to attend the party” he asked. He looked with puppy dog eyes that could make anyone weak. “When and where is it.” I asked. “It’s on the 19th of November and its in Virginia” he said. “So I’m going to have to go with you to Virginia” I asked. “Yeah, and you can get to meet my family” he said enthusiastically. I wondered why. “I think I’ll be able to make it” I said. “Great, Forrest is going to be so excited” he said. “Well, thank you breakfast and I’m gone.” I said. “Bye”

Trey

After Leah left I went upstairs to get ready to go meet my mumma and my little bro. I just put on a black t shirt, a pair of jeans and a black leather jacket and sunglasses. I locked the doors and left. I arrived at the restaurant there was a bunch of paparazzi outside. I struggled to make it through them. When, I got there my mumma and my brother were already seated. “Hey guys” I said to them smiling. “Hey baby” my mumma said getting up to hug me. Forrest was sitting there waiting to be acknowledge by me. “What’s up negro. Come here you know I love you” I said hugging. “Love you too, Trey” he said laughing sitting back down. It was so nice to see my family. I rarely ever saw them because of my schedule and how it was running. I did miss them, the only time I ever got to see them was Christmas. We sat and catch up on everything that was going on. Forrest told me about school and how he made the varsity basketball team and that he was in line to be captain. Wow didn’t he was that good. I wouldn’t know would I because I’m never around to go to his games. But then we got to the real reason why we were here. “Ok, so what’s the status concerning your sweet 16 party” I asked. “Well, I’m having at Club Ibiza.” he said. “What’s the theme” I asked. “The theme is royalty. It’s going to be called Forrest’s Royal Sweet 16” I said. “Royal, you’re royalty” I asked laughing. “Yes, I am. I am going to be crowned the Prince of Virginia. This is my coming out party. No scratch that this is my coronation” he said. “His coronation” I said giving air marks. The way Forrest was acting I couldn’t help laugh uncontrollably. You see Forrest isn’t a cocky person so this was all new for me to see him like this. “Well here’s what if you’re going to be the Prince, then I wanna be the Queen and Trey’s the King and I wanna be introduced as the Queen” my mumma said. “Ok, fine whatever works” Forrest said. “Ok, let’s talk performances. I made a list as to the people I want” he said, handing me a list that was three pages long. Dang. I looked over the list and there were some people on the list that he wanted but they weren’t going to able to make it. “Ok, here’s what I’m going to get back to you on these list of performers you want because there some here that are maybes at this point and there are some that are definitely not going to be able to make it” I said. “Ok cool no prob” Forrest said. “Ok, you gave your list of demands. Now I have to give my list of demands.” My mumma said. We both looked at her with the what the fuck look on our faces. “I don’t want this party going beyond midnight” she said. “What” we both exclaimed at the same time. “Mom, you cannot be serious” I said. “Mumma midnight is when people are now starting to come. Mumma you go to the club with me, we get to the club around 11 and we leave at 3” I argued. “Ok, fine the party can end at 4” she said. “Another thing. I don’t want any alcohol to be served” she said. Now we were gonna have a problem. “So why can’t we have alcohol. I can’t stay in a party all night and be sober” I said. “Tremaine, you need to understand something ok. Most of these kids are going to be driving themselves and others to the party and if one of them drinks and get behind wheel and God forbid they get in an accident who are they going to blame us because we were the ones hosting the party, so we are going to be held responsible.” She said. My mumma wasn’t playing when she said that, she was dead serious, whenever my mumma calls me Tremaine shit is serious. “Ok you got a point there.” I said agreeing with her. Forrest looked at me with the “thanks a lot” look on his face. “And another thing I know there are going to be some kids who are going to be stupid and try to sneak in alcohol and that I won’t tolerate. I want very tight security the night of the party. I don’t care, we need to ensure the safety of all the patrons in attendance. We’ll make them go through a security scanner, rub them down, check all their pockets, bags and whatever else they may have on them” she said. I will admit my mumma made some good points and I was going ensure that I pleased both Forrest and my mother.