Chapter 90

Leah

The BET Awards were in 2 days and I’m nervous as hell for my performance. I am up for four awards. Best Female R&B Artist, Video of the Year, Best New artist and some other awards with Trey. There was no guarantee that I would win but the fact that I’m nominated means a lot to me. I was at the venue today clearing up some minor problems. “Ok well this lighting is perfect for the song so I think we should go with that” I told the lighting technician. “Great” he said. I was going to be performing with Trey. He was going to be performing Love Faces first then he’s going to introduce me and I’m gonna perform. We’re doing it together. I’m gonna sing Enough Of No Love. They suggested that I use the backup dancers I had in the video which means that Helen would be there and she’s someone I don’t want to see right now and vice-versa.

Emily

Sam is so happy about the baby. He’s really excited and now that we’re back on track things are even better. Sam is home more often now and he suggested that I take things easy. We also went ahead and hired someone to help around the house since I wouldn’t moving as much. I woke up this morning and stood in front of my full length mirror. I rubbed my hands over my belly. I held it in my hands. I was beginning to show. I’m already beginning to wear big clothes and I’m starting to feel weak already. Enough of that today I was going to Vera Wang’s for my final fitting for my wedding dress. I was going with Rachel and Kim. We pulled up Vera’s boutique on Rodeo Drive and the paparazzi were hands on. They snapped pictures and asked us questions. “Emily are you pregnant” one asked. “Emily how are far along are you” I just walked by and ignored them all. I got in and there was Vera. “Hey honey” she said. “Hey” “Are you ready to try on your dress” she asked. “Of course” I went with Vera into the dressing room so she could help me try it on. I was hoping that I would be able to fit into the dress since I have gained some weight. Surprisingly it fit perfectly. I came out of the dressing room and stood on the podium. Rachel and Kim gasped when they saw me. “Emily” Rachel said. “You look beautiful” I smiled at her. “I can’t believe it. I’m getting married” I screamed. After we left Vera’s me and the girls went to lunch. I ordered a salad for myself since I was trying to watch what I eat. “I have something to tell you guys” I said to them. They looked up to listen to me. “Leah came to my office the other day” I said. “For what” Rachel asked. “She asked me to leave LA” I said. “Leave LA” “Leave LA as in not live here anymore” I said. “Why” “She said that I owe her that meaning after all me and Sam have done but I wanna know from her is that why do Sam and I have to leave LA” I said. “But are you guys going to leave LA” “No, I’m not gonna leave LA. I live here, all of my businesses are here, the group records here in LA and how can Sam record with the group when we’re in another city and they’re in LA like Leah is being unreasonable” I said. “I think she’s upset about the pregnancy. She’s mad that you’re having Sam’s child and not her” “And you know she told me that, that she can’t stand to be around me and watch my child grow but she needs to understand that this is real, this baby is real, an innocent boy or girl is coming whether she wants it to or not and I’m not gonna go get rid of my baby. This baby is here for a reason” I said. “That is true. She’s being really mean and harsh. I know she’s supposed to be my friend but they’re certain things I’m going to have to tell her about” “And you know what she told me. She told me that she’s not happy for me” I said. “Any idiot could see that she isn’t happy for you” “And she told she’s not happy about my day” I said. “Oh My God like I know Leah and Sam were together for years but she needs to get over it. She has a good man in her life right now who loves her and she needs to go with him and give him her all” “Trey and Leah are pretty cute together” I said. “You don’t have to worry about anything it’s not like he’s gonna leave you at the altar for her right. Right” “Of course he’s always going to be mine” I said. “So when are we going to get the final fitting for the bridesmaid dresses” “Friday I organized with Vera and she said we could come then” I said “Great”