Chapter 30

Trey

It was 8:30 and I was sitting was working on a new song when I heard the front door open and Leah walked in. I hadn’t seen or heard from her all day. She looked angry as she approached. “What’s the matter” I asked. She stared at me with fire in her eyes, I thought she was going to slap me again. She stepped to my face. “Let me let you know something you tell that little bitch of yours that if she ever comes to my place of work again and threatens me that we’re going to have a fucking problem you hear me” she said. I looked at her confused. “Leah what are you talking about” I said. “You’re little friend, Helen she came to my shoot today” “What” I exclaimed. “She came and she told me a whole bunch of BS about how you’re not committed and you won’t ever settle down and have a family” she said. “What” I exclaimed once again. “That’s it I’m going to say something to her.” “You tell that bitch to don’t ever threaten me again. Trey when we made this deal this isn’t what I signed up for. The creepy, jealous ex girlfriends” she said. “What you signed up for Leah there’s a lot of things I didn’t signed up for but I stuck it out, for you. The crying and the problems I did it for you.” I shouted. “Oh so I’m a problem now” she shouted. “You know what forget it, you just tell that bitch that if she ever threatens me again I’ll fuck her up” She stormed off to her bedroom angrily. I didn’t mean to say those things to Leah, I was angry, she was angry, but I had other things on my mind. How could Helen do this, I knew she was trouble. I know what she’s trying to do. She’s trying to mess up my relationship. Not that we even have  a real relationship but still. I needed to fix things with Leah, I would have all the time tomorrow to deal with Helen. I stayed downstairs for while before going upstairs to the bedroom I wanted to wait for Leah to calm down. When, I got up there she had already changed into one of her nightgowns. The door leading out to the balcony was open so the curtains were flying up. She sat at her vanity fixing her hair and taking off her makeup. As, she saw my reflection in the mirror she stood up and moved from her vanity not wanting to speak to me I guess. She turned to face the wall where she stood. I went up behind and put my hand around her waist. “I’m sorry about what I said, I didn’t mean to lose my temper on you, it was wrong of me.” I said. She turned around to look at me. “Look, you’re obviously angry and I don’t want to upset you more than you already are ok. I’ll go sleep at my house tonight, I understand if you don’t want me to stay with you tonight ok.” I walked off to my designated room the one Leah gave before we started sleeping in the same room. I walked in, I hadn’t been in here in a long time. I packed some of my clothes in my Louis Vuitton duffle bag. I went back into her bedroom to tell her I was leaving. “I’m leaving ok” I said. “Ok” she said quietly. I walked over to her and kissed her on her forehead before leaving. The don’t go feeling was there but maybe this is what we need after our huge blowout session. A night of separation.

Leah

I couldn’t believe this, me and Trey got into this huge fight. I feel terrible maybe I shouldn’t have lashed out at him like that, he had done so much for me. What if he left after the fight, I couldn’t take it, I couldn’t take him walking out on me. When, he left I just buried my face in my pillow and cried. I wished I had stopped him when he was leaving. I turned my face to his side of the bed and touched it wishing he was there tonight but he wasn’t. He wasn’t there to wrap his arms around me and make me feel safe and when I got up the next morning he wouldn’t be there to make me breakfast like he always does. I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep because for the first time in two months Trey wasn’t sleeping in bed with me.