Chapter 20

"My Mom wants heavy cream." I spoke, wanting to get out of the frozen food section because I didn't have my jacket and I was really cold.

"Okay." He responded and turned our cart towards the dairy isle.

Our cart was full of chocolate boxes and cereal or as Terry had called them his 'groceries.' I couldn't understand for the life of me how this man had abs when he ate all this sugar.

As we went past the fish area, where they lay the fish on ice, I couldn't help but shiver and feel nauseated. Shiver was from the cold. Nausea, I think, was from the seafood. I guess, Eating or being around fish would make me throw up now. Sad, since I loved seafood.

Terry noticed the weird way I shivered and frowned. "Am I supposed to do the cliché thing and give you my jacket?" He asked.

I fought a smile. "No, you're supposed to be a gentleman and offer me your jacket."

He looked ahead, smirking. "Good thing  I'm not a gentleman then."

"Right." I spoke. "I keep forgetting you're the hearty hard bad boy of wall street."

He chuckled. "Says the goody two shoes from the church's choir."

I laughed at how true it was. I did go to church and I was in the choir and I was a goody two shoes.

"You know," he said as he leaned in closer with a smirk. "They say good girls fall for bad boys."

"Too bad, though." I said, walking a little ahead and examining the different kinds of heavy creams on display. "I'm not into boys anymore."

He smirked. "You know I want to say something but it would be too vulgur for your innocent ears."

I chuckled. "Oh, just admit it, Mulligan. You've got nothing."

His smirk was still intact as he took off his suit jacket. "What can I say? You're a hard woman to please, Swartz."

"Or it could be that you're just really bad at it." I spoke with a shrug, putting the cream box in our cart.

"Maybe we should resolve this tonight." He said licking his lips. "At my place, say 9-ish?"

I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling again as a small blush crept up. I turned my face away from him and pretended to look at other brands of heavy cream on the shelves. "Oh there's a line. You should take a number."

"Really?" I heard him ask.

"Mmhmm." I hummed.

"Will you guarantee customer satisfaction?"

"Yes." I said, hesitantly. I was honestly, so out of my element here. We were talking about him, how did it turned the conversation turned to me?

"What kind of jobs-"

I turned around. "Okay, stop."

He laughed at that as he placed his jackets on my shoulder.

The blush crept up my cheeks again and I blamed my stupid pregnancy for that. Huffing, I started walking towards the counter and Terry followed suit beside me with the cart.

"But seriously, Lennie." He spoke as we stood in the line for checkout. "Go out with me."

I looked at him to see if he was joking. He was looking at me with hooded eyes and a smirk on his face. "Pass." I spoke and looked back ahead.

"Why not?"

"You're too cocky for my taste." I said. "Not to mention filthy rich, annoying, assholic," I looked at him. "Should I continue with the reasons sweetheart, or were those enough for you?"