Chapter 2

"you should go back to film school." Annie said and took a bite of her salad.

"Why are you eating salad? You hate salad." I replied. I hadn't ordered anything, just didn't feel like eating.

"I'm watching my weight."

I looked at her, wide eyed. She had the tiniest waist out of every single woman i know. "You can eat a pig and you wouldn't weigh a pound more."

"Pigs are gross. Cow? Sure." She said and dipped her fork in the salad again. "And i did weigh a pound more after your wedding."

"You ate the entire cake and just weighed an extra pound? Really?"

She nodded.

"I wish had mom's genes. Why was i the one stuck with dad's"

"You should go back to films school." She stated again.

"Mom and dad keep lecturing me about keeping the baby and if i do that, I can't do film school." I said. "It's a lot of work."

"Shit." She said looking at something behind me.

I turned around to see my husband with his arm wrapped around a blonde women's waist. Okay now, this blonde woman had the tiniest waist i had ever seen. Is that why dex left? Was i too fat?

"We should leave." Annie said.

"Don't be ridiculous, we're having lunch. We'll leave when we're done having lunch." I said and looked back at Dex and the blonde. They were kissing.
"We should leave." I stated.

We rushed out of there as fast as we possibly could. If somebody saw us, they'd probably think we stole something or killed someone in or from the restaurant. Thankfully, not many saw us and the one's who did just gave us looks that were weird as hell. Like one guy winked at me and the other just sniffed. I mean, what?

Once seated in Annie's car, i took a breather and tried my hardest to not let that image of them kissing come back to my head.

"Don't cry, i don't have any tissues and i don't know if salt ruins car seats." Annie said as she pulled out of the restaurant's parking lot.

"Your husband's a 50 year old millionaire, he'll get you new leather seats." I said.

"He's 39, not 50. And he's not a millionaire. He's just..  wealthy." She said with a smirk.

We both knew he was a millionaire. I don't get why Annie's so modest about it. I mean, if my husband was a millionaire, i would be going to spas, shopping in paris, driving a Mercedes Benz.. not this shitty thing but unfortunately, i don't have a rich husband. The husband i do have earns a normal wage and always complaints about being deeply in depth with college loans. And oh, he's also not my husband anymore.

"You should go back to film school." Annie said once again.

"You keep saying that."

"Yet you don't listen."

"It's amazing how everyone wants me to listen to them controlling me."

"I'm not controlling you, it's a suggestion."

"You don't say it like a suggestion, you say it like the firm order from the queen."

"Maybe you should listen to me this time."

"Because the last time I didn't and now we're here?" It came out more like a statement than a question, my voice unexpectedly breaking at the end.

There was silence. A full 20 minute silence.